Can I run a 700c wheel on a 26" Rigid Carbon fork

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Can I run a 700c wheel on a 26" Rigid Carbon fork
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 16:15 Quote
Hi, I'm wondering if a 700c wheel would fit a 26" rigid fork. This is the bike I bought on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scott-Sportster-55-Hybrid-bike-/190776334100?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=0WjllEAhgo5%2FDRdH4SmXgVNFuSo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And I can get a good deal on this 26" fork:

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=43&p=1054&

All help is appreciated,

Matt

EDIT: I will be running disc brakes, not V brakes. If they a2c on rigids is higher than the Suspension fork, should I slam the stem?

Posted: Jan 9, 2013 at 0:29 Quote
you can run it, no problem

try it first before adjusting the stem Wink

Posted: Jan 9, 2013 at 2:38 Quote
brigand wrote:

Thanks. Yeah I will do. Just I've looked around and notices a2c of 26" forks is longer than 700c forks. So I thought of slamming the stem to compensate for the slight rake.

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 at 10:41 Quote
preston-rider wrote:
brigand wrote:

Thanks. Yeah I will do. Just I've looked around and notices a2c of 26" forks is longer than 700c forks. So I thought of slamming the stem to compensate for the slight rake.

A longer A-C slackens the frame angles and affects the handling. Lowering the stem does nothing to change this.

But that 26" fork you linked is likely shorter than the suspension fork on the Scott.

Posted: Jan 16, 2013 at 17:30 Quote
shiggy wrote:
preston-rider wrote:
brigand wrote:

A longer A-C slackens the frame angles and affects the handling. Lowering the stem does nothing to change this.

But that 26" fork you linked is likely shorter than the suspension fork on the Scott.

Thanks, I'm still looking into getting the carbon fork and that's good news.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010647
Mobile Version of Website