UK MTB holiday advice

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
UK MTB holiday advice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 10, 2013 at 6:57 Quote
Hi all,

Me and a few mates are planning a lads long weekend MTB get away, and are after some advice.

We are all very competant XC riders that want to hit more trail based stuff and light DH stuff.

Due to finances it needs to be in the UK and we are based in Brighton but happy to drive anywhere.

Any ideas of some good places and hotels/places to stay? We were thinking cwmcarn but open to advice.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Posted: Jan 10, 2013 at 7:21 Quote
Glentress and inners, there's plenty of B&Bs in Peebles next to glentress or even the onsite huts.

Posted: Jan 10, 2013 at 8:43 Quote
I literally just priced up a 4 night trip to Glentress for myself (1 person)
and including car hire, fuel, accomodation and food allowance I came to a price of £638.
That sounds like A LOT right? Well because there's 4 of your, the accomodation and fuel will be split and you could be looking at £150 per head (Really rough guestimate)

So Glentress would be a good option.

Also look at the other 7-stanes trails.

And Cwmcarn is meant to be good too.

Basically Wales or Scotland is your best bet.

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 at 4:25 Quote
Afan and Cwmcarn are doable in a weekend. Awesome riding there. we went up in the summer and stayed in a B&B in Swansea over the weekend.

Id highly recommend itBig Grin

Posted: Jan 12, 2013 at 9:51 Quote
Glentress and Innerleithen if only going for a couple days. The 2 places are only a few miles apart quite literally...you can camp(depending on when you plan to go) or use the pods at Glentress,b b whatever...you could even stop at the lake district or Hamsterley on your way up. Glentress is more trails(and great jump park) and Inners has both trails and dh...all you ll need,pubs in both towns too!!!

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 0:38 Quote
David84 wrote:
Afan and Cwmcarn are doable in a weekend. Awesome riding there. we went up in the summer and stayed in a B&B in Swansea over the weekend.

Id highly recommend itBig Grin

I'd second this. Accomodation is pretty cheap around the trail centre at the moment as well. We stayed for 3 nights in a house that sleeps from 6-10. There were three of us, and it only cost us £30 a night.

The trails are pretty decent, the locals are funny, and the beer in the local pub is less than £2 a pint. What more could you want?

Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 3:04 Quote
Gotta be wales or scotland really , both have dozens of trail centres with-in an hour or so of each other

Posted: Jan 16, 2013 at 9:34 Quote
Another vote for Afan/Cwmcarn.
There's no point driving 7 hours from Brighton to Glentress unless you really really really want to go.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010486
Mobile Version of Website