MTB Morzine...

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
MTB Morzine...
Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 13:50 Quote
just sold my orange alpine 160 as was a wicked bike but 36lbs for all day riding is heavy. looking at a mega at 32 lbs and whack a coil on for the alps. if i go that way ill sell my full dh bike as wont need both. only do full dh a few times a year and then our alps trip week to.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 14:19 Quote
aquadude wrote:
just sold my orange alpine 160 as was a wicked bike but 36lbs for all day riding is heavy. looking at a mega at 32 lbs and whack a coil on for the alps. if i go that way ill sell my full dh bike as wont need both. only do full dh a few times a year and then our alps trip week to.

I had a 2011 mega, was a really nice bike but felt short (should have got a large). I also had a problem with the rear shock and i snapped the swingarm as well, but that was a known fault.
My brothers got his still with a van rc on and its a little min dh machine.

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 23:43 Quote
the-wylie-man wrote:
Out the first week of july, hoping for 3rd year of good weather as well Wink similar situation for me, i bought a 2010bighit on the cheap for the trip but thinking aboit just whacking a coil on my pitch and taking that instead.

Im on a pitch with a coil rear and fox36 set up. Hoping it will be enough for when we are out there

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 6:31 Quote
bigquotesIm on a pitch with a coil rear and fox36 set up. Hoping it will be enough for when we are out there

Well I hope yours is coz Im on a Carrera Banshee X with some 2002 Boxxers on front Wink ... Havent had any trouble with it yet...

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 at 3:20 Quote
Yo, We just booked with www.mtbmorzinebeds.com and the guys there have all the info on all the lifts, Super M is opening on the 15th so a week early and new tracks from les gets back tom Morzine are being built. So not all bad news at all.

Cant wait for our trip see you guys out there.

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 1:26 Quote
4 weeks to go, bangin. got all my gear but had to lend me mates body armour as washed mine and the zip tends to stick lol. lesson learned let the missus use the washer not me. just gotta pack the bike and me gear for riding in and offsky.

some of the trails look shagged already with the weather they have had but alot of building work meant to be going on. les gets looks like it has a load of new stuff.

see you guys there. are we having a pink bike mega trainSalute down les gets or somewhere for a laugh. out 14/7 if so.

heres my dh jewel to play on.
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 6:22 Quote
Nice mate, we arrive there mid day 'ish on the 13/7 Smile ... Am actually starting to tingle with excitement!!!!

although the 12-15hrs drive is gonna be cack....

Im up for a meet up like and sure my bro will be... Although ill be at back of this train lol coz im still quite slow Big Grin

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 7:46 Quote
We are on the 6am ferry so will be mid/late afternoon on 13/7 we get there. 1st year for us and cannot wait now.

Think Im gonna have issues with my hands and generally being able to take a week of abuse on the body. Done a couple of uplift days at Antur Stiniog and my hands have been so sore and numb!

Will have to ease myself into it haha!

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 8:06 Quote
I havent done enough riding yet for mine to hurt lol...

Been out 4 times since january :/

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 8:49 Quote
have a read through this thread on morzine as has a load of info on morzine death grip and ways to stop it. this morzine thread is a bit new and has nothing usefull to help other than chit chat which is good but for detailed info this is better.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=59197&pagenum=557#commentid5094272

loads take pain killers before they go and seems to work. as for me i didnt get it at all last year and rode every day so doesnt affect everyone. i ran tripples up front though which took it all well. run your forks a bit softer is what a few seem to say.

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 0:46 Quote
bigquotesi ran tripples up front though which took it all well. run your forks a bit softer is what a few seem to say

that is defo the way forward... I used to have a tidy set of single crowns on my bike but found I was getting some killer arm pump and forarm/wrist issues from accidents Id had when I was younger (broke both arms)...

Fitted a set of 2002 bomber triples with soft/med spring and it all went away instantly...

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 1:18 Quote
Thanks for the confident boost, Im on Fox 36 180's haha

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 1:21 Quote
im running new bars that havent seen much use. they are 785 so should be fine for morzine and then ill trim them down to 750 for fort william i think as its mega tight there in the trees at some points.

the bike looks an old slogga but its a real shredder when you get going. ive upgraded everything and the front triangle is new to on recall so rides sweet.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 4:57 Quote
Running the thinnest grips i can (charge sponges) and keeping the brake lever as close to the bar as possible worked a treat for me last time. First year I went i was using Juicy 3's and had to run them 2/3 fingers just to get some power from them and this caused me a load of issues but last time it was spot on. Have to see if it works this year as im taking my five with a set of 160mm lyrics.

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 at 13:43 Quote
Ill be riding this at morzine...
My bike...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023364
Mobile Version of Website