Modern Day BMXs !

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Modern Day BMXs !
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 19:28 Quote
Actually........ if you race you have to have a rear brake and in Europe you need front brakes as well. It is in the international and National rules. Has nothing to do with weight and all about safety on the track.

Warren

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 20:12 Quote
whitespy wrote:
Actually........ if you race you have to have a rear brake and in Europe you need front brakes as well. It is in the international and National rules. Has nothing to do with weight and all about safety on the track.

Warren
That's gay. Good thing I don't race

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 20:45 Quote
whitespy wrote:

Warren
That is a whole other animal.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 22:44 Quote
To the people that say a brake weighs to much you need to ear some meat or something. They dont weigh anything... i hate brakes. Personal preference.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 6:52 Quote
Ginoridesbikes wrote:
To the people that say a brake weighs to much you need to ear some meat or something. They dont weigh anything... i hate brakes. Personal preference.

I agree, weight should not be the reason you choose to go brakeless. My brake broke, tried riding without it and haven;t looked back.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 11:02 Quote
I refuse to ride a bike without brakes,not worth it to me.Call me old fashion but I like the ability to stop at a split seconds notice.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 11:09 Quote
bmx-33 wrote:
Ginoridesbikes wrote:

I agree, weight should not be the reason you choose to go brakeless. My brake broke, tried riding without it and haven;t looked back.
. Exactly how i ended up brakeless dude.. even if i was so you guys call it old fashioned id be brakeless. I feel in more control and i can stop just as fast if i want to

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 11:24 Quote
what a suprise another thread gone to brakes vs no brakes good job theczech

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 11:40 Quote
This thread's gonna be epic so quaker up boys!

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 13:17 Quote
I took my brake off because the cool kids were doing it, and now I'm glad I did. I still mess around with brakes, occasionally I'll throw 1 or 2 brakes back on because they're super fun, super versatile and there's loads of tricks that are opened up by running brakes. But for full time usage. I prefer brakeless.

Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 14:18 Quote
brakes would ruin my beuatiful rims.Cry

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 21:20 Quote
ive never met anyone who took their brakes off to avoid chickening out and actually stopped chickening out. if anything, from my experience, they chicken out more because they dont have brakes.

all fairy internet nerds who want to be accepted by someone on the other side of the globe.

i rode without brakes for like two weeks and realized that it only hindered my ability to go bigger tricks. i can hit bigger gaps, bigger jumps, bigger everything. ive only benefited and gotten better from brakes. If you dont need brakes you probably arent going fast enough anyways.

HOWEVER, ill admit some parks are laid out very well and some places you can ride without brakes and still go big just because of the layout. but when i go to hit dirt trails or big parks and kids cant do any tricks and have no brakes i expect to see them posting in the "rate my ride thread" later that night.

/rant

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 0:55 Quote
hahahaha, damn kids and theyre new fan-dangled bicycles.

go ahead, try using an old cw racing for street and park today and see how long it lasts until the lighting bolt shaped down tube cracks. sure it looked cool but it was just dumb.

new bikes look the way they do because they are stronger, lighter, and use better materials. its entirely personal preference whether you run a brake or not, one of my bmxs has a brake and one doesnt because i dont use it for street and park, but its a nice thing to have on trails or when getting to work. the weight has nothing to do with it.

also installing a modern bb and crankset is easy. and they last a lot longer than old loose ball bottom brackets. theyre not much more expensive either.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015601
Mobile Version of Website