Wired or folding?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Wired or folding?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 14:34 Quote
Ok so I've read a couple of old threads & didn't really get any help that suits the situation I'm in. I've decided my next tyres are the conti mountain kings. They come in both types of bead, except 1 is massively cheaper than the other, would this affect the quality of the tyres in comparison as they're the same tyre but with differant beads?? I don't know which to buy?!

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 15:17 Quote
Specialized-Matt wrote:
Ok so I've read a couple of old threads & didn't really get any help that suits the situation I'm in. I've decided my next tyres are the conti mountain kings. They come in both types of bead, except 1 is massively cheaper than the other, would this affect the quality of the tyres in comparison as they're the same tyre but with differant beads?? I don't know which to buy?!
not the same tires. The wire bead has a coarser less supple casing and a different rubber compound. It may be more durable but have a harser ride and less grip.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 6:47 Quote
Wire beads are heavier too...

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 13:01 Quote
stodd wrote:
Wire beads are heavier too...
By 30-40g, all else being equal. If the weight differences are larger than that it is because of other construction details.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 13:45 Quote
I've opted for the folding ones

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007787
Mobile Version of Website