Gloves vs. bare hands

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Gloves vs. bare hands
Posted: Jan 24, 2013 at 15:32 Quote
Psoulocybe wrote:
Bmxerch, I've been riding a bike for 26 years. Trust me when I tell you it doesn't do shit for my hands.

I also want to ask how you think dirt will prevent sweating?

The only thing I know of that works to curb the sweating for a bit is antiperspirant, but it doesn't improve my grip.

Thanks for your guarantee.

It works for me...

My hands don't sweat a whole lot though... So I guess I just don't notice it as much..

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 at 6:05 Quote
bigquotesMy hands don't sweat a whole lot though...

Lucky dog!

I actually came up with an interesting grip solution lately so I don't have to wear gloves for a quick run at the skatepark or quick rides around town.

I'm using Sram foam grips with hockey tape over them. They've actually held up like this for a few months now and are quite comfortable. Only downside is that they're only going to last a couple falls come trail season.

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 at 7:42 Quote
Hockey tape would work...

Especially the White 3M hockey tape. I've got it on my lacrosse sticks butt's and hot damn it sticks like nobodies business.

But usually it's just a handful of dry soil and I'm set for 2-3 hours of riding without worrying about moisture.

Baby powder works too, I've seen a couple guys sprinkle it on their grips.

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 at 7:52 Quote
I use this it puts like a rubbery coating over your hands and it works great. http://liquidgrip.com/

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 at 14:54 Quote
I have some giro dj gloves that I love, but I still prefer bare hands Wink

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 0:19 Quote
What's a thin, comfortable glove that lasts a long time? lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 0:41 Quote
I can't vouch because I've never used them, but I've been considering these Fox Airline gloves. They look pretty thin and comfortable.

http://shop.foxhead.com/store/products/Gloves/detail/Fox-Airline-Glove-/44555/cat20176?defaultColor=054&categoryNavIds=cat20010%3Acat20162%3Acat20176

edit: I just ordered them, so I'll let you know.

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 1:46 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:

Thin
Comfortable
Long lasting

You can pick two of three.. lol

Usually thin gloves don't last very long... I've been able to keep one pair of my Fly's 5 weeks tops.. I love them and will never switch to another glove but because they're thin as all hell makes em a little less durable.

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 17:49 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:

Thin
Comfortable
Long lasting

You can pick two of three.. lol

Usually thin gloves don't last very long... I've been able to keep one pair of my Fly's 5 weeks tops.. I love them and will never switch to another glove but because they're thin as all hell makes em a little less durable.

I thought there mightve been hope ahaha. When I do get gloves, I go through them in 2 months max and it gets annoying so then I just run no gloves after that

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 19:50 Quote
Ive got some pretty awesome fingerless gloves that work awesome for park. Got them for a £1 at local department store lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 at 19:59 Quote
I go through at least 6 pairs of gloves a season...

It's ridiculous.

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 13:04 Quote
never worn gloves, never will. if your hands get sweaty just rub all the dusty crap from the floor on them (or dirt if you're at the trails) i like to feel my grips, and gloves generally feel like a hindrance to me

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 21:55 Quote
No gloves for DJ/Park -> Grips ODI longneck (no lockon as i like have it moves/twistes a bit over time)

Gloves DH/FR -> Lockon Grips Odi Ruffians..

its all comes down to personal pref...

Posted: Jan 30, 2013 at 9:39 Quote
i rode without gloves except when it's snowy

i prefer the feeling of no gloves and every pair I've tried has just ripped and my hands have gotten messed up anyway

Posted: Jan 30, 2013 at 15:04 Quote
I like the feel of using bare hands for dirt jumping/skateparks. It also makes me feel ghetto lol. Though if I'm doing downhill I always wear gloves, it'd be scary without them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021938
Mobile Version of Website