Budget Street/Jump Bike - Help Needed

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Budget Street/Jump Bike - Help Needed
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 15:36 Quote
Hey,
I've got a 2010 Specialized P1 frame which i want to get powdercoated and built up, preferably as cheap and light as possible. can anyone give any tips on parts? so far i have got an Identiti rebate park fork for it, but that's all. I'm not huge, so would be more concerned about saving weight than it being bomb proof heavy duty.

The main thing i need help on is wheels. what's the best i can do for under £200? is it best to get something custom built on mavic 321/521, or can i get away with something like Halo Combats?

Anything else i should look out for?

Cheers Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 17:19 Quote
I use 321's on my all-mountain bike with XT hubs. DJ bike has sun singletrack/s-type combo but those are heavy (cause im heavy haha). 321 and 521 are decently strong and if your lighter I'd think they could handle most anything.

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 5:48 Quote
thanks for the advice. I was thinking of either XT or SLX hubs too. Will these work fine with my frame/fork? does it matter whether they are centre-lock or 6-bolt for the rear brake?

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 12:56 Quote
well you can get slx/xt in many different axle versions so get what works with the frame and fork. as for the disc mount,no it doesnt matter if your running shimano brakes...but centerlock is only for shimano and 6bolt is eveythi g (including shimano) so id get 6 bolt. i use 6 bolt even though i have shimano brakes, the center lock is jost to save a little weight

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 at 10:54 Quote
funnily enough i've ended up buying an NS Holy 2 instead, as it was a really good deal, and will work out much cheaper than starting from scratch.

I'll try and upgrade a few parts on this and sell the P1 frame. Thinking of putting an SLX disc brake on it, adding the Identiti rebate fork, some new pedals and tyres for now...

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2013 at 12:10 Quote
good call, ns stuff is all.pretty solid. def get he slx brake if you want hydrolic, or bb7if you want mechanical

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.054698
Mobile Version of Website