ktmmxrider wrote:
You'll find everything here!

Thanks for the help... Not Wink
Jk I understand what you are saying

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 at 22:02 Quote
Wait for this guy:

photo

Or.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotoalbum.mtb-forum.it/image.php?id=315737&s=576&uid=1

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 2:20 Quote
Wasmachineman-NL wrote:
z-man wrote:
Best fork around is the 40

Nothing will beat the RC2 cartridge, Fox has more experience with dampers then all the other MTB companies combined.
What a load of BS, fanboyism alert, TPC+ is just as tunable as RC2.

Fox Damping is the Greatast Sh++ ever build. Feels like a piece of wood...

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 2:28 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
what is the difference from the 2011 2012 and 2013 dorado pro?
Thanks

the aloy version was first produced in 2009 and bring 2010 to the customers, only some fine things has change. the damping hasnt change since the mrd 2009. its the same damping in the mrd 2009, the dorado pro and the expert models 2013. its a perfekt system and there is no need to change it.

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 2:41 Quote
ok so the 40's are at the high end of the spring setup market, got the cash to splurge ?
The Boxxers are an air setup and are more affordable for the average joe, I dont race for cash or glory on the podium but expect that my front end will get me out of trouble when I need it the most
Personally it will come down to what looks better on your bike and which one has the better marketing campaign, or which setup your most likely to wanna run with, either fork will perform, might give the two a miss and go for Bos.
" I want to be the "Boss" of my own domain , LOL.

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 2:45 Quote
whats the current opinion on marzocchi - i need a low maintenance fork but i see a lot of forum entries damning anything marzocchi have made since around 2003!

otherwise its boxxers for me, but they seem to need a lot of maintenance (less than the 40 though)

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 2:55 Quote
I dont think theres so much as a debate but rather what suits the rider most fittingly.

For 3 main forks (havent tried others) based on 5 catergories, Weight, Real-Time Durability, Off-Time Reliablity/Upkeep Frequency, Dampening/Smoothness, Ride Characteristics.

Ratings: Good -> Better -> Best.

Boxxer: 1) Best/Lightest 2) Good 3) More Frequent 4) Better/Fairly Smooth 5) More Flex, Race performance fork focused on weight and compact package rather than other aspects.

Fox 40. 1) Better/Heavier 2) Better 3) Slightly Less Frequent 4) + Better/Very Smooth 5) Very stiff, All around performance. Middleground fork blending all aspects fairly well w/ more bias on dampening and stiffness sacrificing weight.

Marz 888. 1) Good/Heaviest 2) Better 3) Best 4) Best/Most Plush/Smooth 5) Open Bath fork focused on ultimate reliability/servicability and dampening qualities w/ extremely plush characteristics. Sacrifices most weight for best ride quality.

Tldr;
Boxxer - Race Performance
Fox 40 - Middleground
Marz 888 - Quality

As the lil quote goes pick 2: Lightweight, Durability, Plushiness.

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 2:58 Quote
Go with Spicy Mike
Then get on your bike and ride.

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 3:05 Quote
stretch707 wrote:
ok so the 40's are at the high end of the spring setup market, got the cash to splurge ?
The Boxxers are an air setup and are more affordable for the average joe, I dont race for cash or glory on the podium but expect that my front end will get me out of trouble when I need it the most
Personally it will come down to what looks better on your bike and which one has the better marketing campaign, or which setup your most likely to wanna run with, either fork will perform, might give the two a miss and go for Bos.
" I want to be the "Boss" of my own domain , LOL.

i ride 40´s again and again. and must say, fox has the best marketing on the planet. its like the wonderbra, Big Grin go and ride a new dorado, At the end of it you can find all the faults you like, the reality is that this is the highest performing no-compromise DH fork available to consumers out of the box. but, boxxer 40 t8 are not bad, but you will feel that the tpc+ damping is much bether. for some years, we put tpc+ in boxxers for some racers. i ride my mrd since 2009 and i love it.

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 3:16 Quote
Boxxer imo is the best for the money and most practical. Will do everything you need given you dont smash things carelessly and know how to maintain properly.
And i agree 40 Out of box is the best as it blends most aspects pretty well, if you want to spend extra.

With coming 40 Rad, Dvo Emerald, and Bos more openly in west america market, things are gonna shift a lot...cant wait to see lol. 40 Rad sitting with Boxxer but will take a slight hit in dampening quality and even more pricey, Emerald being the new refined and more popular version of a Dorado 2.0...all speculation tho. Hopefully ill be somewhat close lol.

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 3:36 Quote
great info, thanks
I have to weigh up boxxer vs 888 because i don't have the cash for a fox

Do you know which is easier to service? i have a 66 fork with a busted rebound knob so i'm reluctant to go marzocchi again..
but then again.. maybe i can fix my 66 when i start servicing a 888 regularly!

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 3:55 Quote
Here we go again
The 888 is going to be heavier, but stiffer. the Boxxer will be lighter, depends what kinda trails you will riding
Do you really need a triple clamp fork or will a say Rockshox Totem do the trick With 180mm of travel on a Coil spring; 1 1/8" steerer; and huge 40mm upper tubes, the Totem is a battle-ax that lets you charge into or off any terrain, from tyre-buzzing steeps to pucker-inducing drops.
Or be a hipster

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 4:17 Quote
or be hipster and get dorados like me Big Grin
light tunable and smooth (from what i have heard)

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 4:24 Quote
Or say Screw it & go ride Fort Bill on Rigid's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011037
Mobile Version of Website