The DH Fork debate.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The DH Fork debate.
Posted: Feb 10, 2013 at 12:50 Quote
fastboyslim wrote:
ktmmxrider wrote:
Guys.... those are for motocross bikes. Pastrana ran one at X-Games a while back and snapped it.

We know dude, did read the ad.

Read above, they didn't know...

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 at 13:55 Quote
ktmmxrider wrote:
fastboyslim wrote:
ktmmxrider wrote:
Guys.... those are for motocross bikes. Pastrana ran one at X-Games a while back and snapped it.

We know dude, did read the ad.

Read above, they didn't know...

We as in me, myself and i.Wink The mention of supercross gave it away.

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 14:17 Quote
As far as I know the only real difference between the different years for the dorado pro (2010,2011,2012) is they went through a few generations/production runs of cartridges that have some minor differences/upgrades over the years, trying to further dial in the reliability etc. Really nothing all that major from year to year... The 2012's had better adhesive on the decals then some of the 2011's.
I've ridden a Dorado Pro from each of these years and they were all awesome!!!

c4mtb wrote:
Got a point

For anyone who has some knowlage of dorados, what is the difference from the 2011 2012 and 2013 dorado pro?
Thanks

I just love how they look

Intense M9 fro Dorado
2012 Devinci Wilson DGR now with 2013 Manitou Dorado s

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 23:42 Quote
add1cted wrote:
z-man wrote:
I have more experience with suspension then everyone here combined.

Doubt that, you're 21 man, that's hardly a wealth of experience.
He's been building forks since he was born.. Haha..

In my experience, when a person claims they are more knowledgeable/experienced than everyone put together, that usually means the opposite.. Haha.. People like that have their head so far up their ass that they become unable to learn new things because they think they know everything.
As soon as i hear those words i switch off to everything they say.

An intelligent person understands that they aren't the be all and end all..

So if he's 21 and knows more than everyone here then i must know nearly twice that amount of knowledge at 39.. Haha..
Ahhh you can only be 21 and know everything but once in your life.. Haha

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 3:19 Quote
MrRustic wrote:
add1cted wrote:
z-man wrote:
I have more experience with suspension then everyone here combined.

Doubt that, you're 21 man, that's hardly a wealth of experience.
He's been building forks since he was born.. Haha..

In my experience, when a person claims they are more knowledgeable/experienced than everyone put together, that usually means the opposite.. Haha.. People like that have their head so far up their ass that they become unable to learn new things because they think they know everything.
As soon as i hear those words i switch off to everything they say.

An intelligent person understands that they aren't the be all and end all..

So if he's 21 and knows more than everyone here then i must know nearly twice that amount of knowledge at 39.. Haha..
Ahhh you can only be 21 and know everything but once in your life.. Haha

+9999

When in the active pursuit of knowledge, the only thing that will stop you from reaching the ultimatum and pinnacle of knowledge/learning is simply thinking you've already reached the goal...there's no goal, no finish line, it never ends.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 4:57 Quote
+1^^^^^

yes sensei Razz

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 8:23 Quote
Live my 888s have done about 175 hours on them with no service or rebuild they are still working the same as when I first got them

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
^ You're lying. 175 Hours is just wayyyy too much for never even swapping out the oil or anything...

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 11:17 Quote
Spicy-Mike wrote:
^ You're lying. 175 Hours is just wayyyy too much for never even swapping out the oil or anything...

maybe exaggerating is more like it. a day of riding isnt 6 hours of actual use

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
Spicy-Mike wrote:
why would i feel the need to lie?
it's pretty pointless lying i haven't replaced anything at all

oh and to airmiller when i go out i go out early in the morning and return late afternoon

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 13:43 Quote
WeRideMtb wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:

oh and to airmiller when i go out i go out early in the morning and return late afternoon

Well if that is indeed the case, that is very careless and you are going to destroy them forks quickly, real riders sink lots of money into cleans and rebuilds frequently for a reason. We dont do it just to show how much money we can throw around.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 13:45 Quote
WeRideMtb wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:

yeah im not hating on you i was saying maybe you dint lie but maybe exaggerated.

say i go to the lift assisted bike park and ride from opening of 10 am to 4 pm thats 6 hours. I only get in 6 runs at like 12 minutes a piece and the rest is sitting on the lift eating tuning adjusting. so one day might only have 6x12 equals an hour and 12 minutes of actual use. of course i could get in more if i just rode the entire time.

Pretty much i was saying maybe it doesn't actually have that many hours of it going up and down without a service.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 14:04 Quote
That's crazy...and when I said you're lying obviously it's not meant to offend you...seemed like an exaggeration. I know Marz need less maintenance, but after that time you definitely should check it out. Right the second you start riding,etc, the fork will never feel as good as it does first day. Bushings, seals, oil, never lasts forever...unfortunately everything in this world degrades over time!

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
I know I should buy my everybody is made of money I'm a 17 year old student I'm not proud f the way I treat them and to te guy who said we don't just show how much money we have by not maintaining them you just contradicted yourself by saying how much money real riders spend also real riders don't pay for their forks so kinda awkward so yeah as soon as I can afford for them to be serviced I will do it as of now the forks aren't being used and the 175 hours is 1/3 of total outing time the trails I ride don't have lift assist and aren't huge trails that they would need them in the first place.
Also I thought this was a place where bikers could share information and be civil with each other I did nothing but state a fact about my forks get off my nuts I'm just trying to join in with the conversation and provide useful information to people who aren't ignorant

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 14:39 Quote
WeRideMtb wrote:
I know I should buy my everybody is made of money I'm a 17 year old student I'm not proud f the way I treat them and to te guy who said we don't just show how much money we have by not maintaining them you just contradicted yourself by saying how much money real riders spend also real riders don't pay for their forks so kinda awkward so yeah as soon as I can afford for them to be serviced I will do it as of now the forks aren't being used and the 175 hours is 1/3 of total outing time the trails I ride don't have lift assist and aren't huge trails that they would need them in the first place.
Also I thought this was a place where bikers could share information and be civil with each other I did nothing but state a fact about my forks get off my nuts I'm just trying to join in with the conversation and provide useful information to people who aren't ignorant

Dude quit getting all butt hurt. Change your oil- its old. And we all win!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009915
Mobile Version of Website