The DH Fork debate.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The DH Fork debate.
Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 14:47 Quote
madmax650 wrote:
WeRideMtb wrote:
I know I should buy my everybody is made of money I'm a 17 year old student I'm not proud f the way I treat them and to te guy who said we don't just show how much money we have by not maintaining them you just contradicted yourself by saying how much money real riders spend also real riders don't pay for their forks so kinda awkward so yeah as soon as I can afford for them to be serviced I will do it as of now the forks aren't being used and the 175 hours is 1/3 of total outing time the trails I ride don't have lift assist and aren't huge trails that they would need them in the first place.
Also I thought this was a place where bikers could share information and be civil with each other I did nothing but state a fact about my forks get off my nuts I'm just trying to join in with the conversation and provide useful information to people who aren't ignorant

Dude quit getting all butt hurt. Change your oil- its old. And we all win!

Guess you never read it at all.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 15:06 Quote
Srsly dude. Your not going to get any respect for bragging about lack of maintenance on this forum. LOL. Make us all happy and change your oil!

My first oil change on my 888, (two weekends of riding)......shit came out like MUD. I usually change my oil every month and I'm always amazed at how much more lively it is after a change! It takes 10 minutes.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 15:49 Quote
onesadvw wrote:
Srsly dude. Your not going to get any respect for bragging about lack of maintenance on this forum. LOL. Make us all happy and change your oil!

My first oil change on my 888, (two weekends of riding)......shit came out like MUD. I usually change my oil every month and I'm always amazed at how much more lively it is after a change! It takes 10 minutes.
I'm not bragging im pretty ashamed just scared af to do it incase i find other stuff wrong and aint got the money to pay for a service

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:06 Quote
You have a 888, right? That's got to be one of the easiest forks to service, there are plenty of write ups on the net to follow. The orings and the seals/wipers are the most common things to go bad (which they probably aren't if its running as fine as you say it is), and you can get orings at your local hardware store.

Ignorance isn't bliss! Take a little initiative and keep your stuff running right. You said in a previous post "real riders have stuff handed to them", totally untrue. I consider myself a real rider and nothing is ever handed to me. 100% bought and maintained by me......which is also one of the main reasons I meticulously maintain my bike.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:08 Quote
A full oil change and (worse case scenario) replacement of all orings in my 888, $20. Max.

WeRideMtb wrote:
madmax650 wrote:
WeRideMtb wrote:
I know I should buy my everybody is made of money I'm a 17 year old student I'm not proud f the way I treat them and to te guy who said we don't just show how much money we have by not maintaining them you just contradicted yourself by saying how much money real riders spend also real riders don't pay for their forks so kinda awkward so yeah as soon as I can afford for them to be serviced I will do it as of now the forks aren't being used and the 175 hours is 1/3 of total outing time the trails I ride don't have lift assist and aren't huge trails that they would need them in the first place.
Also I thought this was a place where bikers could share information and be civil with each other I did nothing but state a fact about my forks get off my nuts I'm just trying to join in with the conversation and provide useful information to people who aren't ignorant

Dude quit getting all butt hurt. Change your oil- its old. And we all win!

Guess you never read it at all.

I did. But you really cant afford 15 bucks or pounds whatever for some fork oil? That's an expensive fork that you should take care of. Tons of info online im sure. And if nothings wrong with em now, why would they get messed up in the oilchange process? Its hella easy yo

onesadvw wrote:
You have a 888, right? That's got to be one of the easiest forks to service, there are plenty of write ups on the net to follow. The orings and the seals/wipers are the most common things to go bad (which they probably aren't if its running as fine as you say it is), and you can get orings at your local hardware store.

Ignorance isn't bliss! Take a little initiative and keep your stuff running right. You said in a previous post "real riders have stuff handed to them", totally untrue. I consider myself a real rider and nothing is ever handed to me. 100% bought and maintained by me......which is also one of the main reasons I meticulously maintain my bike.
yes i do have an 888 not sure what year or model though has 2 gold nuts on the top
aint sure how much oil to put in either

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:12 Quote
Not an excuse! All that info is on the zocchi website!

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:32 Quote
onesadvw wrote:
Not an excuse! All that info is on the zocchi website!
think they are 888rt 2004

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:38 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
I think the 888 rc3 Ti is the boss of all forks (exlcuding the BOS idylle lol )

Im not 100% sure why but i really want a marzocchi monster T as my next fork on my downhill rig. Super plush, super sized and retro like my frame Smile

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://soulbiker.com/parts/archive/1151059689.monstert_2.jpg

i know this is a late dig up, but the monster t ruins all handling of any bike that isnt designed around it. also whens the last time you were riding an 8inch fork and thought to yourself, man i wish i had 50% more fork right now, because thats what i actually need.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:43 Quote
Hermit185 wrote:
rAtty-c wrote:

Im not 100% sure why but i really want a marzocchi monster T as my next fork on my downhill rig. Super plush, super sized and retro like my frame Smile

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://soulbiker.com/parts/archive/1151059689.monstert_2.jpg

i know this is a late dig up, but the monster t ruins all handling of any bike that isnt designed around it. also whens the last time you were riding an 8inch fork and thought to yourself, man i wish i had 50% more fork right now, because thats what i actually need.

My frame has been proven to work with one, ive checked it up, also its going on a frame that will be purely for hucking not racing or anything, all i need to go is straight lol

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:56 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Hermit185 wrote:
rAtty-c wrote:

My frame has been proven to work with one, ive checked it up, also its going on a frame that will be purely for hucking not racing or anything, all i need to go is straight lol

i can respect that! plow on brother!!!!!!!

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 23:13 Quote
I don't have money either bro, don't worry I feel ya. But, it's not hard to do, in fact, Marz is the easiest to service. You don't even have to buy new seals and stuff, atleast an oil change which takes less than 20 minutes! Oil shouldn't be that expensive. All you need is to look up videos on YT and check it out..super easy.

And also, do less maintenance in the long run will cost you more money. No Maintenance -> Seal wear -> Replace Seals -> etc. You know what I mean! And yeah no is bagging on ya, we are just telling ya to learn up and do it!

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 3:18 Quote
Spicy-Mike wrote:
I don't have money either bro, don't worry I feel ya. But, it's not hard to do, in fact, Marz is the easiest to service. You don't even have to buy new seals and stuff, atleast an oil change which takes less than 20 minutes! Oil shouldn't be that expensive. All you need is to look up videos on YT and check it out..super easy.

And also, do less maintenance in the long run will cost you more money. No Maintenance -> Seal wear -> Replace Seals -> etc. You know what I mean! And yeah no is bagging on ya, we are just telling ya to learn up and do it!
check my latest thread please

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 4:24 Quote
take the hint, lack of service up front will lead to decay, your front end is everything, ruin it and it will ruin your day
its a 20 -30 minute job, well worth the effort

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022907
Mobile Version of Website