Anyone still riding Giant AC? post them here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone still riding Giant AC? post them here!
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 18:40 Quote
Rocking an Ac1 now. Full XT/XTR. Fox Floats front and rear at to 5”. Love the bike, but want a dropper post. What’s everyone recommend?

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
PGlover780 wrote:
Rocking an Ac1 now. Full XT/XTR. Fox Floats front and rear at to 5”. Love the bike, but want a dropper post. What’s everyone recommend?

KS Lev has a nice one with external routing that starts as the base of the seat post...this way you don't have all that extra cable floating around back by your rear tire as with cables that go to the top of the seat post.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 8:00 Quote
Hi people I'v got an old AC1 that I just took all the dust off from sleeping in tha garage and I'd like to sell it
I don't know what price to put on it so I need some advice if anyone could help me I'd appreciate
The bike is in good condition and I don't want to get ripped off... I want to put a fair price on it
I put some picture on my profile since I don't wan't to put too many picture on this post.
Thx

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 10:10 Quote
AC1 wrote:
Hi people I'v got an old AC1 that I just took all the dust off from sleeping in tha garage and I'd like to sell it
I don't know what price to put on it so I need some advice if anyone could help me I'd appreciate
The bike is in good condition and I don't want to get ripped off... I want to put a fair price on it
I put some picture on my profile since I don't wan't to put too many picture on this post.
Thx

I took a look at your bike. $350-$450 US is what I would suggest. Its a decent "value" bike for a new-be to use at the park. Cheers

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 12:05 Quote
thank you, it's a little under what I was thinking, but thats why I wanted opinion from other people

I took a look at your bike. $350-$450 US is what I would suggest. Its a decent "value" bike for a new-be to use at the park. Cheers[/Quote]

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 12:48 Quote
What is the leverage curve of this frame?

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 17:26 Quote
fanatyk-bb wrote:
What is the leverage curve of this frame?

Maybe contact Giant. We've looked for that in the past but I don't think its in the pages of this thread.
Let us know once you find out. Cheers

O+
Posted: May 28, 2018 at 6:30 Quote
Back on an AC1 but this time it's for my sons upcoming 13th B'day present. Build should be finished before his b'day, just a few more parts and his ready to shread snow summit with me...

Giant AC1 build

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 7:57 Quote
ricerooster wrote:
Back on an AC1 but this time it's for sons upcoming 13th B'day present. Build should be finished before his b'day, just a few more parts and his ready to shread snow summit with me...

Giant AC1 build

Looks great. Do you have 2 AC's now or is this it?

O+
Posted: May 28, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
ricerooster wrote:
Back on an AC1 but this time it's for sons upcoming 13th B'day present. Build should be finished before his b'day, just a few more parts and his ready to shread snow summit with me...

Giant AC1 build

Looks great. Do you have 2 AC's now or is this it?

Just this one, sold my old one to build my DB scapegoat. However, I convinced a buddy to pick up a XTC AC1 three weeks ago, his first bike, and his been restoring it to a nice build.

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 11:17 Quote
Anyone know where to source parts for these old AC's? I have a 2001 AC XTC AIR and the Main Linkage Pivot bolt is broken. I guess it not really a bolt, but the head on one of the halfs was stripped out (allen key slot was rounded out) and now the head broke off.

Also, has anyone rebuilt the rear shock (factory RockShox shock). My negative air chamber doesn't hold pressure.

photo

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 9:39 Quote
my new old bike

[img]https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37005666_10156756714715757_1231308935546273792_n.jpg[/img]

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 19:25 Quote
iainmcfly wrote:
photo

Looks to be in great shape. What are the current specs?

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 2:05 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
iainmcfly wrote:
photo

Looks to be in great shape. What are the current specs?

thank you... I have been searching for a Large for months and this appeared for 350 bucks ( 260 USD) i snatched it up.

its pretty stock has a blown RS monarch rear shock

also has carbon Truvativ bars

cant wait to completely rebuild it haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015653
Mobile Version of Website