Powered by Outside

The Zerode Thread.

PB Forum :: Other
The Zerode Thread.
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
Hi

I just read this article.
https://enduro-mtb.com/en/zerode-katipo-pinion-2021-test/

Do yours Katipo´s have that much space for the water bottle?
I had really trouble finding a bottle cage that could fit even the smallest bottle on mine.
Even with the Zerode bottle it was to tight and i ended up with scratching the both the frame and the shock housing.

Problems with water bottle

I ended up with a custom made carbon cage to get the bottle as close as possible to the frame. And i bought a tiny bottle that almost works. It is still touching the shock, but at least it doeas not destroy anything.

I find it a little funny that Zerode has "Water bottle compatible" as an argument for this bike on their home page.
I love this bike, but so far all other bikes I have owned have better water bottle compatibility! =)

Anyone with the same problem?

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
I had similar issues but eventually got the smallest fidlock bottle which works great.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 2:54 Quote
jezsh wrote:
I had similar issues but eventually got the smallest fidlock bottle which works great.
Ok, thanks for sharing.

But the bike in the article looks to have a lot of space left. Hmm...

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
Shim the bottom of the cage to angle the cage away from the shock and you can use a standard bottle

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 6:01 Quote
MorganBH wrote:
Shim the bottom of the cage to angle the cage away from the shock and you can use a standard bottle

photo please ? Big Grin

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
My zerode was stolen, so no pics

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
I run a hip bag with 1L and snacks. Don't have to worry about a bottle.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
MorganBH wrote:
My zerode was stolen, so no pics

Frown (( Sorry to hear that; I hope you find it.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 0:06 Quote
waterbottle clearance

This is how it looks on my bike.
The cage is a special made carbon rack.
Its made so that there would be as little space consuming as possible.
Even with this, the bottle is scratching the damper when riding.

How come i have such a small space?

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 23:47 Quote
Hey guys, i'm selling my Katipo custom build due to injury. It's located in Australia but willing to ship at buyers expense. Photos sould be uploaded to my profile..

message me if anyone might be interted.

cheers!

Steven

O+
Posted: May 20, 2021 at 5:39 Quote
cox1e wrote:
Hey guys, i'm selling my Katipo custom build due to injury. It's located in Australia but willing to ship at buyers expense. Photos sould be uploaded to my profile..

message me if anyone might be interted.

cheers!

Steven

Damn pretty

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 4:05 Quote
Hey guys, been riding my Katipo for nearly a year now and and churning through cranks - mainly pedal threads stripping and crank arms bending. Just got a 3rd set and with brand new pedal spindles (DMR Vaults) there is so much slop in the crank thread!! just before being nipped up, i can move the pedal around a fair bit. I bought a second hand set of CNC ones off ebay (which turned out to be Fat bike model ones - damn it!!) and just some quick tests, the thread is machined perfectly - pedal thread is very snug the whole thread, and they are waaaay stiffer - Q-factor is ridiculous tho.
I have emailed pinion, but just wondering if other people are having similar issues? Has anyone else switched to CNC cranks because of flex, bending cranks and threads stripping?
I have also emailed CarbonWasp about their set, but no reply...
Cheers

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
I have the CNC cranks since 2017 on my taniwha and 0 problems!

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
petuco wrote:
I have the CNC cranks since 2017 on my taniwha and 0 problems!
Thanks man, i thought that would be case - CNC being far superior. Pinion had refused this request previously saying that there is no advantage to having the CNC set (quote from Pinion: "I don't think you will have a banefit from the CNC Cranks. All Products have been tested with the same Iso testing routines you need to bring a product into the european market. Regarding to this they have bothe the same durability."), however they finally came to the party and agreed to send me a CNC set after all the video and photo evidence I could prove. Will be nice knowing i won't have to worry about this anymore. Cheers!

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Has anyone spent time on both the 140 and 160 versions of the taniwha and can compare the two?

Right now I have the mullet set up with a trail link and a db inline air. I’m not super impressed with the Db and wanted to switch to a coil, My bike came with the enduro link as well so I would only need a new shock and to lengthen the fork. As far as I can tell as long as the suspension curves are similar I’ll gain about a pound and the seat and head angles will get half a degree slacker, which isn’t a huge price to pay for better descending.

So basically what I’m asking is does the 160 link have a drastically different suspension feel or does it feel similar.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014483
Mobile Version of Website