Powered by Outside

The Zerode Thread.

PB Forum :: Other
The Zerode Thread.
Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
Anyone know where to get tensioners for the G1/G2?

I've just exhausted my supply of them and the one store on Amazon that sells them is currently out. I don't particularly want to buy a whole single speed kit just to get the tensioner, but I also don't particularly want to go to Whistler chainless.

Any ideas, lads?

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 1:41 Quote
h0rnyunic0rnie wrote:

I've just exhausted my supply of them and the one store on Amazon that sells them is currently out. I don't particularly want to buy a whole single speed kit just to get the tensioner, but I also don't particularly want to go to Whistler chainless.

Any ideas, lads?

There’s a zerode owners Facebook group that’s a bit more active than this thread, try on there maybe?
Think I found a dodgy one on Wish a while back…

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
h0rnyunic0rnie wrote:

Any ideas, lads?

I have SPRINGS but not the entire Tensioner......

photo

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
h0rnyunic0rnie wrote:

Any ideas, lads?

Any standard singlespeed chain tensioner will do. Originally Rob specced a tensioner of company 'point'.

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
Ta, everyone.

I just bit the bullet and ordered the whole single speed conversion kit. 34 bucks for a 5 dollar part. Sometimes I really hate bikes.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2021 at 5:05 Quote
I don't think I've paid $34 for any bike part in a LONG time. I always expect at least $100 for a bolt or cable end.

Posted: Aug 15, 2021 at 2:40 Quote
h0rnyunic0rnie wrote:
Ta, everyone.

I just bit the bullet and ordered the whole single speed conversion kit. 34 bucks for a 5 dollar part. Sometimes I really hate bikes.

I got a bag of G1/ G2 chain tensioner spare parts left to give away in case you're still interested anyway...

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 4:13 Quote
Hi Zerode owners

I've had my Katipo for 3 months now and I'm loving the gearbox with the Gates belt drive, definite game changer. Because the bike is now a lot quieter, which is fantastic, I do notice other noises coming from the bike. When going fast over smaller bumps and rough trails, I'm hearing a constant rattle coming from the frame. I considered the following causes of the issue:

1) Rattling Shimano XT finned brake pads - have now backed them with velcro to rule this out.
2) Internal cable routing - shifter cable housings (x 2) or dropper post housing.
3) Pinion gearbox rattle.

Anyone else out there got a rattle noise and worked out what the cause was?

Thanks
Dr Chris

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
DrChris wrote:
Hi Zerode owners

I've had my Katipo for 3 months now and I'm loving the gearbox with the Gates belt drive, definite game changer. Because the bike is now a lot quieter, which is fantastic, I do notice other noises coming from the bike. When going fast over smaller bumps and rough trails, I'm hearing a constant rattle coming from the frame. I considered the following causes of the issue:

1) Rattling Shimano XT finned brake pads - have now backed them with velcro to rule this out.
2) Internal cable routing - shifter cable housings (x 2) or dropper post housing.
3) Pinion gearbox rattle.

Anyone else out there got a rattle noise and worked out what the cause was?

Thanks
Dr Chris
I own a taniwha since 2018 and I don’t have any noise,rattle,but sounds like internal cable routing ,I have my with a cover of foam.

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
You can spread the pad spring a little bit extra to keep the shimano pads from rattling as bad.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 5:38 Quote
I find this pretty exciting. New gearbox option!

New effigear fits into pinion mount and will fit any frame made for pinion and uses Sram trigger shifter

https://www.effigear.com/en/86-The-Mimic.html

photo

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
Damn if that thing had more range it would be an absolute game changer for zerodes

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
I find this pretty exciting. New gearbox option!

New effigear fits into pinion mount and will fit any frame made for pinion and uses Sram trigger shifter

https://www.effigear.com/en/86-The-Mimic.html

photo

I might have heard wrong but I'm pretty sure they were saying it could shift under load

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
Howdy Folks

I am after a shock guard for my zerode G1

If anyone has one to sell and can ship to Oregon, please let me know..

Cheers

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
Danbis26 wrote:
Howdy Folks

I am after a shock guard for my zerode G1

If anyone has one to sell and can ship to Oregon, please let me know..

Cheers

Just get a local fabricator to knock you up something out of Aluminum. The original ones didn't last long and I've never seen anyone have one for sale.

FWIW, I broke my shock guard 9 years ago, haven't run one since, and don't think I've ever even hit the shock. I ride in some bike destroying areas as well.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011726
Mobile Version of Website