Los Angeles Country, CA- Where to ride? DH/ AM/FR

PB Forum :: USA - West
Los Angeles Country, CA- Where to ride? DH/ AM/FR
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2013 at 14:11 Quote
Doing some searching on my own but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Going out to the LA area and elswhere in a few weeks for work. I was going to take a few personal days and do some riding. Prefer gravity fed, can bring my DH bike or my trail bike, will have access to a vehicle.

I live 10 minutes from Highland Bike Park here in NH, but we have a lot of snow on the ground haha.

Thanks!
Andrew

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2013 at 19:03 Quote
I see you have no replies, guys out here are all spot nazis. Los Angeles is a big county do you know what part?

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 20:59 Quote
awalla5150 wrote:
Doing some searching on my own but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Going out to the LA area and elswhere in a few weeks for work. I was going to take a few personal days and do some riding. Prefer gravity fed, can bring my DH bike or my trail bike, will have access to a vehicle.

Thanks!
Andrew

If you haven't already passed through, try El Prieto trail in Pasadena or Reseda to the Sea.

Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 11:30 Quote
Webb canyon in Upland.

Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 19:12 Quote
Del Cerro in Palos verdes

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 17:30 Quote
Everything posted isn't very downhill.

El Prieto in Pasadena is pretty fun.

I live in the La Crescenta area, and can show you of some stuff around here, more DH oriented for sure, but your gonna hike a bike for a bit! Shoot me a message if you want some info.

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 19:52 Quote
Ericlikesbikes. Post some names.

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 13:16 Quote
arroyo seco trail is a nice place Smile i go all the time but there are a lot of people there sometimes

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 23:52 Quote
Just moved here to, I'm down to go adventure for spots!

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 at 22:56 Quote
YouTube GMR DH and Webb canyon.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2013 at 20:39 Quote
Hey man can you message me where both theses are, I just moved to SoCal and I'm trying to find new places and ppm to ride . Gmr looks fun
Thanks

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 13:30 Quote
ericlikesbikes wrote:
Everything posted isn't very downhill.

El Prieto in Pasadena is pretty fun.

I live in the La Crescenta area, and can show you of some stuff around here, more DH oriented for sure, but your gonna hike a bike for a bit! Shoot me a message if you want some info.

Webb is a DH trail but its soo short that it takes longer to shuttle or pedal up than actually ride down. GMR is a fun ride down but not "DH" at all. Depending on the time the best gravity biking out here is Snow Summit in Big Bear or year round Alisio woods has some fun stuff. Everything else is a hike-a-bike better suited to trail bikes.

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 14:31 Quote
I'm so counting down the days till S.S. opens back up to bikes Smile last season they were just getting it close to good by the end. Hope that things will be up a notch next season! A dedicated jump line would be epic!

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 14:58 Quote
it would be cool to see Snow Summit build a line like Livewire or Gypsy at Northstar

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 at 17:02 Quote
From what I over heard one of the builders saying they have a ton of planned trails and features, just need the weather to clear up before they can keep building. Gonna be awesome!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013091
Mobile Version of Website