PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Girls Still Definitely Suck
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 13:46 Quote
It's NY bro....shit is ALWAYS going down. Jail

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Wale wrote:
IMO the cop didn't actually do his job. If he was suspicious he should have not let you drive the car in the first place. Don't know the laws there but in Finland attempted drunk driving is not punishable action.
In the US it's very hard to make a dui stick unless you're caught actually driving, or passed out with keys in the ignition.
Think he means if the cop overheard up, he should have gotten out of the car and hailed a cab for us.
Yeah... that's not a thing that happens. He's not a babysitter.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 14:45 Quote
Maybe not hail for a cab but my point is that he's job is to prevent anything bad from happening. In this case if he thought you might be driving drunk he should've stopped you before and not after you already have driven the car. Makes no sense to me.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
raytheotter wrote:

He's a cop not a butler. You're an adult and should be able to spot a mistake before you make it.
He's a public servant, and should have the publics best interest in mind.
And Fredro, rural police are usually nice as f*cking shit. Except the HP, they are usually the ones with an ego to prove and the badge to do it with.

Public servant doesn't mean what you think it means.
They aren't there to wipe your arse or help you with your shopping. They are there to protect you from criminals and to put the cuffs on you when you're being a retard.

But it's nice to have a rural white guys opinion on what cops are for for a change Razz
However the cop's job is to avoid any kind of possible danger for society, therefore hearing someone saying "you're too f*cked up to drive" and ALLOWING them to drive and following you when at any given moment you could kill yourself or even worse your passenger he's failing society

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 15:46 Quote
Wale wrote:
Maybe not hail for a cab but my point is that he's job is to prevent anything bad from happening. In this case if he thought you might be driving drunk he should've stopped you before and not after you already have driven the car. Makes no sense to me.

In the us at least it seems like cops are more interested in giving tickets and making arrests than prevention. For example if they actually wanted to keep people from speeding they wouldn't hide from drivers.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 16:38 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
Wale wrote:

In the us at least it seems like cops are more interested in giving tickets and making arrests than prevention. For example if they actually wanted to keep people from speeding they wouldn't hide from drivers.
Here cops are in plain sight usually

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 16:47 Quote
Police are not a preventative force, they're an enforcement force... law "enforcement". You can thank all the countless liberal a*sholes who've sued departments into the ground but today they cannot do anything without a law having been broken, operating on intent is impossible to uphold.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 16:48 Quote
Arrest him for being drunk in public, stop him from driving drunk, there you have it, your reason, your law being broken, and you preventive force applied

I am not saying I want marx arrested, I like him he's a nice duder, however I am saying there's ways to stop it rather than letting him drive and then bust him

Or just let him drive a block or two, not get to his f*cking destination

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 22:14 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Arrest him for being drunk in public, stop him from driving drunk, there you have it, your reason, your law being broken, and you preventive force applied

I am not saying I want marx arrested, I like him he's a nice duder, however I am saying there's ways to stop it rather than letting him drive and then bust him

This. Why take the risk of him hurting himself or someone else?

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 22:43 Quote
jespinal wrote:

Drunk in pubic requires a level of intoxication thats nearly impossible whereas driving under the influence requires essentially nothing more than consuming alcohol. To get drunk and disorderly you need to display a level of intoxication sufficient to prevent you from being able to care for yourself or present an obvious threat to the safety oid yourself and others or interfere with the free use of sidewalks or roadways... to get a driving under the influence you need to blow over 0.08, regardless of any outward signs of sobriety. Unless you're fall down drunk, you're not getting D&D...

Before you criticize the enforcement of laws, you might want to understand them.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 22:54 Quote
Ok nice then why let him drive to his destination wait for his mate to get off AND THEN bust him? Why not stop him after a block?

All seems like utter bollocks to me

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 23:03 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Ok nice then why let him drive to his destination wait for his mate to get off AND THEN bust him? Why not stop him after a block?

All seems like utter bollocks to me
From the sound of it, it was a short drive and he gave no reason to force a stop... officer was no doubt running plates, finding registration, determining who the likely driver was and if there were any priors or warrants outstanding, looking for a reason to stop him. When nothing came up, he likely wrote it as an abrupt turn or one that ran wide, failure to make a complete stop or signal, etc... some indisputable bullshit to initiate a stop.

Of course it seems like bollocks to you... you don't know the law and you've never worn a badge. The type of shit you're advocating for isn't just not legally viable in the US, it's the type of shit that's actively opposed as police overreach by every twenty-something snowflake dying to cry "fascism" in the country.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 23:32 Quote
Not really, I'm advocating for what I'd expect from a half civilised country

Or at least what I see happen here, I mean I've been drunk to a point where I could have been arrested for public intoxication and I've been stopped by the police, I explained I lived a few blocks from there and only wanted to go home and not cause mayhem, I've never been arrested.

I understand that people is sue-happy in the us but what I am trying to say is that even though I've never been arrested even though I've been stopped multiple times(I have a clean record) at least here if the you're considered a threat they have motives to stop you

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Not really, I'm advocating for what I'd expect from a half civilised country

Or at least what I see happen here, I mean I've been drunk to a point where I could have been arrested for public intoxication and I've been stopped by the police, I explained I lived a few blocks from there and only wanted to go home and not cause mayhem, I've never been arrested.

I understand that people is sue-happy in the us but what I am trying to say is that even though I've never been arrested even though I've been stopped multiple times(I have a clean record) at least here if the you're considered a threat they have motives to stop you
Did you miss the part where he clearly said he passed all thr field sobriety tests?

Exactly what f*cking "motive" to stop him existed? He was clearly sober enough to conduct himself in a reasonable manner and not present a threat to himself or others and wasn't blocking the sidewalk or roadway... there was no goddamn motive, just your ignorant armchair quarterback attempt to say the cop should've done something differently when, in reality, the cop did exactly what he should've done and you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

So, you can take your condescending "half civilised" bullshit, write it down, coat it in lube, bend over, and shove it up your ass...

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 0:15 Quote
Ok man,I...I didn't want to offend you there, sorry

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015175
Mobile Version of Website