Girls Still Definitely Suck

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Girls Still Definitely Suck
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 1:59 Quote
trozei wrote:
mountainbiker929 wrote:
So I met this girl a couple days ago while traveling in Frankfurt, and I really like her. We spent awhile playing drinking games with a group of people and later ended up going for a walk with the same group by split off and just talked for a couple hours. She went to visit family in Italy and I left for some sightseeing in Paris. But before we parted ways she mentioned she was going to ski in Switzerland in a few days. I’d really like to see her again, I genuinely enjoyed her company, beyond being attracted to her. And I highly doubt I’ll have the chance to see her again. Well Unless I take her up on her offer to visit her in Australia...Should I message her and see if I could meet her in Switzerland or is that weird? I’m honestly not just looking to hookup, I just want to hang out, but I fear that’s how it would come off...
If you want that woman you have to put your purse down and go see her in Switzerland. A woman wants a man. Confidence, bro. If you don't do this you will always regret not seizing the opportunity to see her again and she will be the "one that got away."

Straight up I would call her and say, "Where in Switzerland are you going and when do you want me to show up?"

Wise words. I've never regretted taking chances and getting rejected. But I have regretted not taking chances!!

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 2:15 Quote
I don't know if it's just me or not, and even though I have no intentions of acting on them because I'm in a committed relationship and have been for years now, when I meet an interesting woman that sparks my curiosity (it happens, okay?) there will be times that I'll think back about her and go, "I wonder what she'd be like on a closer level?" At the time I never pursued anything because I wasn't interested in anything, and I don't regret that at all, I just do find myself rarely thinking back upon these people.

So I can't imagine what it would be like for somebody single and actively seeking relationships to miss out on an opportunity like that. If you meet someone exciting, roll with it. Go out on that adventure with her. It may turn into something great, but even if it doesn't you can still say you went on that awesome hike, boating trip, or skiing journey. Whatever it may be. There's no real downside other than missed wages at work.

Not doing it though... you'll never forget it. Find me an old man - without Alzheimer - that doesn't remember some woman he met decades ago. It'll be harder than you think.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 2:54 Quote
one only has to look at one's own general bike preferences and habits and it will directly correlate to one's preferences towards women and relationships with them. it is the truth according to facts i've just made up.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 2:58 Quote
Seems accurate.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 3:01 Quote
Very true as well, and it in fact goes for just about anything in life.
If you want something besides boredom and poverty, you have to dare taking a chance, run a calculated risk, deal with failure without taking it too serious, and in particular consider every opportunity new, with a new situation around it, new set of cost benefit, and so on.

If you live your life like that, success in just about any field is hard to avoid.
Most people look at successful people and think "oh, he or she is better looking, smarter, more intelligent, had better options, etc.".
That is simply not true in most cases. Those people just dared, did the legwork, accepted a slap in the face here and there, and continued till the goal was reached.

Yours truly is pretty average, had a poor background, parents that did not perform too well, not significantly above average intelligence, pretty average looks, and so forth.
Current status is massive success on just about any level, be that financial, socially, relationships, and just about anything else.

Magura Smile

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 5:00 Quote
agreed, magura. we all inherently have a blindside so gotta acknowledge and work at it so it doesn't hold us back.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 7:36 Quote
Alright. Sending this shortly unless I think of anything better:

Paris isn’t quite what I expected...So I’m getting on a train to somewhere tomorrow. I remember you mentioned Switzerland. Mind if I join?

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 8:32 Quote
nah, that sound like she was the second best option or a plan B

just tell her you know, is it ok if I join in switzerland with you? werde gelegt

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 16:50 Quote
maybe mention something about wanting to spend more time with her or to get to know her better idk

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 2:32 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
Hey @magura, I will become your scandinavian neighbour soon!

Well, currently I live in Germany.

Where are you going anyway?

Magura Big Grin

Haha, well, I'll stop being your German neighbour then!

Off to Bergen Smile

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 3:27 Quote
Hmm, sounds cold!

Magura Smile

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 6:22 Quote
You almost gotta be blunt. Be a man about it. No beating around the bush BS, just get to the point with it. You know her better than we do but if she was super into you, you can get away with inviting yourself to Switzerland to join her because she'd want to see you too.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 6:45 Quote
trozei wrote:
Be a man about it.

this should end all thread questions from now on.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 7:24 Quote
trozei wrote:
You know her better than we do but if she was super into you, you can get away with inviting yourself to Switzerland to join her because she'd want to see you too.
I mean that's basicly what hes doing, inviting himself to switzerSalute

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 7:39 Quote
She'll be expecting that. Be at least two steps more alpha. Tell her Switzerland sucks, let's meet in Laos. Send her flight info. She arrives, you're not there. You're in Switzerland playing hard to get.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028363
Mobile Version of Website