Girls Still Definitely Suck

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Girls Still Definitely Suck
Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
Well considering what you went through I find it normal that you're comfortable alone

But over time you might want to be with someone again

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2018 at 19:40 Quote
Any tips on maintaining/communicating in a friends with benefits situation.
Recently found myself in one without meaning too and i feel confused and am not really sure how to move on.
We’ve been hanging out, and hooking up a good bit . But aren’t very good friends on a personal level. Is it important to advance this?

We watched a movie with some friends ( a couple, but close mutual friends of ours) so we couldn’t do much before or during.
Should i ask her to hang out and watch a movie Just us (we have 2 tickets left from last time). Then take her to a scenic viewpoint on NYC and do our “benefits”

Or continue hanging out only in group settings until we get close. (And sneak lf on our own for some periods of time)

Also, not sure if this is exclusive or not. Not sure if i wanna have that conversation. I don’t have romantic feelings for the girl, so not sure if i want other options shut down.

Sorry if this is all very incohesive and badly written.

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 at 23:41 Quote
f*ckbuddies are a difficult one imo.
Ask her to hang out or suggest that it's exclusive and you could find yourself in a relationship by accident.
My advice is to keep it as it is. The trick that most people can't seem to work out is to keep the relationship at the same level as when it began. If you were just friends in the social sense try to keep it like that.
Avoid developing the situation unless you find yourself developing feelings for her.
The other thing to know is when to stop. If you find yourself getting jealous or you start to feel emotionally attached back off. It can get messy if feelings develop for just one of you.

As for talking about what it is. Ask her. Keep the conversation casual and remember that you're friends nothing more.
I've had a few f*ckbuddies in my time and imo they can either be very chilled or or very messy. If it feels like it's getting weird. End it amicably.

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 4:18 Quote
One of you will probably get or already has feelings. If you don't then she might, so do have the conversation to see what's actually going on.

I had this fwb thing going on for a while and at the same time, I was telling her about dates I had with other girls. Later I found out(not through her) she had feelings and felt like a huge a*shole.

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 6:48 Quote
So kinda got asked out on date yesterday. Had a ski race in Montana. A lot of people from my hometown went, and stayed with a group of them. One of their daughters went, and seeing as my mom, me and this lady's daughter have to work today, the three of us came back yesterday. We dropped me off so I could get my car, seeing as we passed through the town I work in on our way back to our homes. I drove the daughter the last little bit, so my mom could go to the store for dinner stuff, yada, yada. We had a nice talk for an hour and a half. Some of the conversations was about people our age living in these towns (small, rural mountainous areas). When I dropped her off, she said if I was ever wanted to grab a beer, let her know. Was going to do it this Friday (as I come home to my parents home most weekends to hang with them, do chores, etc.) and ask her, but remember she has a wedding she is off to this weekend. Will probably have to do it in two weeks.
Really cool chick, not thinking anything of it, but give me something to do for an evening.

Posted: Apr 1, 2018 at 20:58 Quote
Been a bit of a lurker on here though just kinda wanna vent on a situation and girls in general.

Im under 20 so most girls my age are quite immature still, go party, get wasted do all the drugs, f*ck all the guys, though been there done that and I want to find someone too who has their shit together and wants to settle down in a sense and actually have a relationship. Im cool with older girls though my age gets me a blanket no more often than not and get hit with the “you’re cool and all and I enjoy being with you though only if you were a few years older”. Well through out this there was this one girl from secondary that’s always been on my mind though for the life of me I never know why I never made a move. Shes a great person and is all I wanted. So ive left secoondary now and thought id give it a shot. Now this girl is shy as hell though a great person at heart and I know of other guys have asked her out in person or text and shes literally just ran away or just blocked them. I guess that fear is what might have put me off. Anyway so hit her up and to my surprise shes quite talkative and we hit it off and she moved out to the next city. We’re talking for a good couple months and I thought I got past the point of where she was being kind and just giving me the time of day for old time sakes. I know she had mates in my city still who she frequently comes back to visit and so I asked when she’ll be over next if she wants to go for a coffee and explore the city as she said she said that’s something she really wanted to do. ( just in case it comes off as weird date idea ) Any way she hits me with the arrow to the knee [little did I know I was the one to pull the trigger] ( I feel like that’s an understatement at times ) “Im heading back next weekend to see my boyfriend”. She it kinda shocked me that she was in a relationship though I was like cool I respect that what goes around comes around and treat others how you wished to be treated and wouldn’t want to take a woman from another guy. It’s a small world ( It was about to get smaller ) and karma is a bitch, dont shit on your own doorstep n' all. I was a point where I was cool to walk away from it with out being hurt or catching feels in a sense. So I tell “that’s cool all the best to you and him, curious how long have you been with him”.
This left me thinking that motherf*cker…..Her - ”about a year now, you might know him its so and so” well ‘so and so’ was my best friend and the guy was an utter lad but some new kids came to the school and the way the teacher moved the seating arrangement in classes he ended up mixing with them and being just a straight dick and bullying me, just like wtf man. its more so to do with the terms on which our friendship ended otherwise I would have just been like top trumps to ya early bird catches the worm. About a year a go ‘so and so’ hits me up asking me to help with a girl situation and you know times a healer so I was like f*ck it sure, go on. This dude couldn’t woo a street whore. So I helped him with it and the situation never presented it self to ask him who the girl was and I always felt odd about not having asked. Literally set myself up for that one.

Don’t know what to do with myself anymore, life was going smooth any thing I set my mind to I achieved through whatever adversaries’ I had to overcome. Kinda lost now especially that I just feel like when I thought I was in with her my brian just went “oh how to talk to girls material, nah you good, you wont be needing this anymore”. Feel like im walking around with a gaping hole in my life and yearning for someone to hold at the end of the day. Might have been a bullet dodged though the thought of what if there and it’s a strong one at that. Ive always been the one to set my mates up or tell them hey you might wanna do this or dont go in too deep to quick or get too invested till shes on the same page etc. not to blow my own trumpet though im a nice guy making me prime friendzone material, treat them mean keep them keen though thats just not me, I wouldnt treat anyone any differently because I have an "agenda" or have one i the first place for that matter. generally dont set my self up for any expectations though still end up being disappointed. When talking to girls first hurdle of being hey whats up and being clear with my intentions and feeling is kinda the easiest part for me now though when they say yes and want to meet and talking and trying to hold a conversation my mind just goes for a walk over yonder leaving me up shits creek. Ahhh whatever...life huh.

Sorry for the long post

#potato #cattax

Posted: Apr 1, 2018 at 21:23 Quote
zandeto wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
Thanks for the help man.
Shit like this always happens to me, i only really “fall” for people after knowing them for a long time. And at that point it’s usually much harder to get it to go anywhere.

Last Girl i really liked i was best friends with for like a year (and still am) ended up getting her back into her old relationship instead of making moves.

Why do i torment myself like this lol

P.S. sorry mate but you must be some special kind of stupid (or masochist) to hook her up with other guys before even making your move! Even if you are not exactly sure that you like her enough do the f*cking move, mate, because later you end up like you just did. What if she wanted to suck your soul out but she was just too shy? (that very often the case, she doesnt want you to think she's easy or smth) And you let her down by introducing another dude? Dude?! She'd be like : well, I wanted to f*ck you but I guess I'll have to f*ck this other guy now instead ...

I really hope you get through this, no, I'm sure you will. Just be cool, be nice and make sure you don't be their friend Big Grin Just be straight forward honest about your feelings Big Grin

P.P.S Im sorry for the maybe harsh words but I get too emotional when I see good guys being painfully stuck in the friendzone. Peace and good luck!!

Going through past pages and damn that paragraph had me in creases laughing at myself yeah I had pulled that on myself oh too many times and the situation above was basically that though just as i thought i was done with that. Hell yeeeeears later I cant help but pull a number on myself

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 6:24 Quote
jackstack wrote:
zandeto wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
Thanks for the help man.
Shit like this always happens to me, i only really “fall” for people after knowing them for a long time. And at that point it’s usually much harder to get it to go anywhere.

Last Girl i really liked i was best friends with for like a year (and still am) ended up getting her back into her old relationship instead of making moves.

Why do i torment myself like this lol

P.S. sorry mate but you must be some special kind of stupid (or masochist) to hook her up with other guys before even making your move! Even if you are not exactly sure that you like her enough do the f*cking move, mate, because later you end up like you just did. What if she wanted to suck your soul out but she was just too shy? (that very often the case, she doesnt want you to think she's easy or smth) And you let her down by introducing another dude? Dude?! She'd be like : well, I wanted to f*ck you but I guess I'll have to f*ck this other guy now instead ...

I really hope you get through this, no, I'm sure you will. Just be cool, be nice and make sure you don't be their friend Big Grin Just be straight forward honest about your feelings Big Grin

P.P.S Im sorry for the maybe harsh words but I get too emotional when I see good guys being painfully stuck in the friendzone. Peace and good luck!!

Going through past pages and damn that paragraph had me in creases laughing at myself yeah I had pulled that on myself oh too many times and the situation above was basically that though just as i thought i was done with that. Hell yeeeeears later I cant help but pull a number on myself

Ouch. I can't really imagine what that situation must be like. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, you want to be her friend and help her but you also wan't more. Not sure how I'd handle it...

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 6:36 Quote
I just went on a pretty odd blind date, if you can even call it that. I graduated HS and instead of going to college I switched to working full time at a bike shop and traveling. At home I don't really get the chance to talk to anyone my own age, especially girls. Well, My friend's girlfriend tried to set me up with one of her friends... It went pretty poorly, but thats exactly what I expected.

Do blind dates ever work? My boss' girlfriend is trying to get me to go on a date with someone from her bike team, and this past experience is really not making me very optimistic. I've always thought they where a terrible Idea, but I guess its not much different than on-line dating, since both are artificial interactions between strangers...

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 6:38 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
Do blind dates ever work? My boss' girlfriend is trying to get me to go on a date with someone from her bike team, and this past experience is really not making me very optimistic. I've always thought they where a terrible Idea, but I guess its not much different than on-line dating, since both are artificial interactions between strangers...
I’ve gone in a couple blind dates, never pan out. I was actually going to bring up online dating sites to use for comparison. Neither have really planned out well in my experience.

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 6:44 Quote
Both seem like a losing proposition to me, but at this point I'm up for almost anything. I'll probably agree to the date, just cause I have nothing too loose. I have really low expectations for this.

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 5:22 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
Both seem like a losing proposition to me, but at this point I'm up for almost anything. I'll probably agree to the date, just cause I have nothing too loose. I have really low expectations for this.

You have gotta be more positive. Just go on the date, like you said you have nothing to lose.

Also a friend of mine met his wife online dating, I've never tried but it's kinda neat I guess because you can search someone with similar interests and maybe find girls who like mtb or whatever else your into.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 7:39 Quote
I use online dating, been on blind dates and have done it the ol' fashioned way. I've made some great friends and it just didn't work out. I've also met some solid 100% nightmare broads - and yes I use a derogatory term here for a reason before people lose it at me. Online dating and blind dates are easy ice breakers as opposed to ol' fashioned "hey you look like mating material, let's do something at a later date together and see what happens".

Here's how I see blind dates though. When you go out with your friend and you meet other friends of theirs you don't know that's basically a blind date. Worst case you don't see each other again, Middle ground goes between you become friends to you hook up a couple times but it doesn't go anywhere. Best case scenario it works out and everything's rainbows and kittens, at least for a while.

I've been having this consistent issue with people in their 20's where they are "girls" instead of "women" if that makes any sense, which sorta touches on part of what Jack said up there. That or they have developed no personality. I might as well get one of those fancy new Japanese sex bots and call it gucci if that's what I'm going for.

There's a major problem with peoples maturity levels into their 20's and 30's. If you're going to the club every weekend in your late 20's to mid 30's getting blackout drunk and doing whatever crosses your path (drugs, dudes, ladies, whatever have you) you're still a teenager in my eyes because there's no way to have even a meaningful conversation with someone like that most of the time.

This article here sums it up pretty good.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
I’d just rather work on my cars and go running and read a book. Hell with going out anymore.
Then again, I am biased since I did get arrested for a DUI last year....

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 12:44 Quote
Well you played yourself there homie.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017024
Mobile Version of Website