Girls Still Definitely Suck

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Girls Still Definitely Suck
Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 17:08 Quote
If you're not nervous before doing something, that thing probably isn't all that worth doing.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 19:56 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
p-m-z wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Okay, so I've been talking with this girl, not seriously or anything, at school and things are going somewhat smoothly. I have a thing for her and I want to make another step forward; however, hoco is in two weeks and I have zero intentions of going, hell, I don't even know that my parents would let me go. I feel like if I take the step to early I could f*ck it up by not asking her to hoco. Should I wait until after hoco? Am I overthinking this?

Just ask her. If she's not going with anyone else and she likes talking to you then chances are that she'd go with you. However, it's easy to give advice over the internet... I was a nervous wreck before asking mine to homecoming.

Maybe I wasn't clear, I don't want to go to homecoming, it almost always is a shitshow, and I don't feel like spending $140 on tickets. But I do think I'm gonna at least take a step forward this week.

do it bud. you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain Wink

worry about hoco if/when the topic comes up. keep us posted

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 21:47 Quote
So my first day of law school orientation, I met this nice German girl (She came to the US for school) and we have been friendly and only friendly ever since. Her bf is also here for school and he's a cool dude. A little part of me broke today when I was talking about bikes and she said they were only a thing for transportation... Dead Horse

I've told her if she ever wants to go for a casual pedal instead of walking she is more than welcome to use one of my 2.5 bikes: my 2011ish specialized rockhopper, my 2019 rocky mountain instinct bc c90 (Profile pic), or even my Fatboy mini bmx bike. CMON, WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO AT LEAST TRY THE FATBOY. Best 30 bucks I have ever spentlol

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 23:34 Quote
Dating a super short /tiny/petite chick (like bench press warm-up kinda weight) and an egg is an entire meal for her, it's insanely cheap

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 3:31 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
Dating a super short /tiny/petite chick (like bench press warm-up kinda weight) and an egg is an entire meal for her, it's insanely cheap

hooked up with a chick like that for a while back when I was just outa high school. local college girl. inexpensive date and total circus sex. fond memories

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 3:34 Quote
mattandhisbike wrote:
So my first day of law school orientation, I met this nice German girl (She came to the US for school) and we have been friendly and only friendly ever since. Her bf is also here for school and he's a cool dude. A little part of me broke today when I was talking about bikes and she said they were only a thing for transportation... Dead Horse

I've told her if she ever wants to go for a casual pedal instead of walking she is more than welcome to use one of my 2.5 bikes: my 2011ish specialized rockhopper, my 2019 rocky mountain instinct bc c90 (Profile pic), or even my Fatboy mini bmx bike. CMON, WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO AT LEAST TRY THE FATBOY. Best 30 bucks I have ever spentlol

*rides Fatboy - loves it. Finally having fun. Dumps Gunter and goes halvsies with Matt on a tandem. well played

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 4:40 Quote
adm750 wrote:
brodoyouevenbike wrote:

hooked up with a chick like that for a while back when I was just outa high school. local college girl. inexpensive date and total circus sex. fond memories

It's fun. Also hardly uses any space when going for #vanlife trips

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
adm750 wrote:
keep us posted

I don't know how my clumsy ass did it, but I got to the sorta flirting part of whatever the hell I'm trying to do. I tell you what, I suck shit at it, but I think she finds the clumsy part of me funny.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 19:16 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
adm750 wrote:
keep us posted

I don't know how my clumsy ass did it, but I got to the sorta flirting part of whatever the hell I'm trying to do. I tell you what, I suck shit at it, but I think she finds the clumsy part of me funny.

rock that shit young gun !! just being yourself and having fun with life is the key Fab

plus...anyone that would take a Renthal to the face hucking the school stairs has gotta have something likeable about them. Wink

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
adm750 wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
adm750 wrote:
keep us posted

rock that shit young gun !! just being yourself and having fun with life is the key Fab

plus...anyone that would take a Renthal to the face hucking the school stairs has gotta have something likeable about them. Wink

And just like that, in less than a month I went from being scared shitless talking to my crush to asking her out once she gets back from Missouri. It's surprising how far the "no more f*cks to give" additude will get you.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
adm750 wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

And just like that, in less than a month I went from being scared shitless talking to my crush to asking her out once she gets back from Missouri. It's surprising how far the "no more f*cks to give" additude will get you.

well done grasshopper

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
If you're not nervous before doing something, that thing probably isn't all that worth doing.

So I should be nervous every time I do anything, even if I've done it thousands of times? That logic doesn't really hold up lol I think there's some qualifiers we're missing.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
I gave up on pissing when I got over my fear of it.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I gave up on pissing when I got over my fear of it.

I qualify every flat fix I do in front of a customer with "oh man, I always get nervous when I do these". It really helps instill confidence.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
If you count those as big moments, you're living differently than I am

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011849
Mobile Version of Website