Girls Still Definitely Suck

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Girls Still Definitely Suck
Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
well, haven't posted here in a few years but i seem to be making a habit out of getting myself in these situations.

Basically, been platonically very very close friends with this girl for about 6 years, but have always acknowledged that i dont think we'd be compatible in a relationship. not sure what happened but after spending an unprecedented amount of alone time with her these past 6 months its got me feeling a different kind of way about her. idt the feelings are mutual, but im not willing to lose her as a friend, but at the same time it hurts as she's my number 1 partner for traveling, skiing, hiking, and partying.

Thank you for listening to my rant.

cheer

gilad

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 23:17 Quote
Make sure that you're not mistaking your friendship for something else, I've been guilty of this a few times, use the post nut clarity to make this decision

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 3:07 Quote
Fellas, long time no see! How are we!

Current situation for me: met a girl on tinder (never thought i'd see the day) and its actually going really well.

My issue is, I've never really been open about any of my love life with my family (granted, i've never had anything serious), but they'll usually just stumble upon it. However this time, considering it's going well, said girl's family knows all about me already and its looking like i'm gonna meet them next week. However, my family do not know that i'm seeing someone. I do want to tell them and this girl is definitely expecting to meet them at some stage, but i have no idea how I do this. It's ridiculous, i know, it's my f*cking family and i love them very much, but yeah. Any tips for being like "hey, i'm seeing someone"?

Chuuuuuurrrrsssss

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 5:22 Quote
Ayo mom, my gf's coming next week, we cool? Aight

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 6:10 Quote
JaseZ wrote:

Current situation for me: met a girl on tinder (never thought i'd see the day) and its actually going really well.

My issue is, I've never really been open about any of my love life with my family (granted, i've never had anything serious), but they'll usually just stumble upon it. However this time, considering it's going well, said girl's family knows all about me already and its looking like i'm gonna meet them next week. However, my family do not know that i'm seeing someone. I do want to tell them and this girl is definitely expecting to meet them at some stage, but i have no idea how I do this. It's ridiculous, i know, it's my f*cking family and i love them very much, but yeah. Any tips for being like "hey, i'm seeing someone"?

Chuuuuuurrrrsssss

Say "Hey, I'm seeing someone!" That's way better than how I told my parents about my now-wife: "Hey, so I've been seeing someone for last 6mo, and uhm... she's pregnant... so we're having dinner with her parents next week."

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 6:41 Quote
Don't see it as a hurdle, have some fun with it. Arrange your family get together. When they open the door say "hey this is my new girlfriend".

Sit back enjoy dinner and watching the family squirm until they manage to pull you to one side for the full interrogation. Wink

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
JaseZ wrote:

Chuuuuuurrrrsssss
Is there any reason you're reluctant, or issues you expect with telling them?

Unless there's some reason you think it'll become a problem, I'd just hit up the family and say 'hey, are you guys available for coffee/lunch/dinner sometime soon, I've been seeing someone I'd like you to meet' and leave it at that. No reason to make it awkward.

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 12:17 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
JaseZ wrote:

Chuuuuuurrrrsssss
Is there any reason you're reluctant, or issues you expect with telling them?

Unless there's some reason you think it'll become a problem, I'd just hit up the family and say 'hey, are you guys available for coffee/lunch/dinner sometime soon, I've been seeing someone I'd like you to meet' and leave it at that. No reason to make it awkward.

lmao there really isnt, i don't actually know what my issue is, just a me thing i think lol

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
Double post, aint care.

Thanks for the tips though gents, I'm sure i'll sort it out haha.

I'm moving house this weekend and dad's helping me out, maybe i'll get her to call past lol

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
Double post, aint care.

I'm moving house this weekend and dad's helping me out, maybe i'll get her to call past lol
That's a great idea honestly... Tell her what's up and that you've never introduced a girl to your folks before but you'd like her to meet them without making a big deal about it, my guess is she'll feel special about being an exception and appreciate you wanting to introduce her without making it a big to-do.

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
Double post, aint care.

That's a great idea honestly... Tell her what's up and that you've never introduced a girl to your folks before but you'd like her to meet them without making a big deal about it, my guess is she'll feel special about being an exception and appreciate you wanting to introduce her without making it a big to-do.

Pretty sure i've already told her this (or at least i mentally have mentioned it lmao), might mention it again

Posted: Feb 19, 2022 at 6:24 Quote
Just realised a bunch of (good, synthetic opioid) painkillers are missing from my pill box, 100% it was this girl last summer that took them. ffs

Posted: Feb 20, 2022 at 5:28 Quote
bitches be craaaazy.... Facepalm

Posted: Feb 20, 2022 at 7:44 Quote
Those of you who online date, how often do you text before meeting up in person. Like after setting up a date do you stop texting other than to confirm plans, or try to small talk until the day of the date?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009549
Mobile Version of Website