Girls Still Definitely Suck

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Girls Still Definitely Suck
Author Message
Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
That's the retarded part, moving fast was working, it was suddenly stopping and having a big physical gap between us that killed it.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 5:18 Quote
SilverbackGorilla wrote:
Yea cause being "honest and straightforward" to girls has obviously worked well for a lot of people in this thread...

Then we have a biased sample. Most people on this thread are here with girl trouble. My two major relationships were both the results of honesty and straightforwardness. They were both great relationships. The second one still is a great relationship.

SilverbackGorilla wrote:
I'm not just being a misogynist or a douche, the best way to get a girl you like to date you is with subtle manipulation, remember women are emotional creatures so the quickest way to their heart (or bed) is by playing those emotions.

Firstly, everyone is an emotional creature. The idea that women are emotional and men are rational is complete and utter fiction. Secondly, if you enter a relationship by manipulation, or a subtle form of control, then you will never achieve happiness in that relationship, because you will constantly be afraid that if you let your manipulation slip for a moment, she will drift away. Your image of relationships sounds like a hellish nightmare to me.

SilverbackGorilla wrote:
You are right about one thing, don't act like her friend from the start because that is a dark road.

That is, unless you actually want to be friends with a girl.

SilverbackGorilla wrote:
Most girls I've 'dated' (aka smashed since I'm not that interested in dating)

OK, so we have someone who isn't interested in dating giving out dating advice. Great. Got it.

SilverbackGorilla wrote:
I have not treated like they're used to, I make them pay for their food, I don't buy presents unless they're getting/doing something for me and I would certainly never give a woman 50% of my assets and life (aka marriage).

You think each half paying for their own food is some amazing radical way of viewing relationships? I have never paid for the meal of any girl on a date, and none have expected me to. They recognise that we're in a mutual partnership. Presents, however, are a nice way to show affection to someone I care about. Again, your world of dating, relationships and sex sounds horrifyingly empty, cold and emotionless to me.

I'll leave you with a C.S. Lewis quote:

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.”

Written after his wife died of cancer.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 5:55 Quote
Right, I guess your comment is more powerful than science. Women are more emotional than men because that is how they need to be for child raising and their biological role in humanity. It doesn't mean they're less important/valuable than men but they're different mentally.

Links/studies
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/01/23/how-men-and-women-process-emotions-differently/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1286817/Women-prone-emotional-stress-men-sensitivity-hormone.html

Also a comparison of Genius/Average/Retarded level IQ's
http://iqcomparisonsite.com/SexDifferences.aspx

There is nothing wrong with maintaining control in a relationship, subtle or otherwise. You either hold the power or you don't this is true for every relationship as one party will be more afraid of it ending than the other. You can dispute that all you want but it's true.

My lack of interest in dating does not mean I have any more/less valuable advice than you, infact given your philosophy I would be taking your advice with a pinch of salt.

And yes, I don't know about Jordan but most girls in the west do expect to have food bought for them on dates and to be pampered over.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 6:54 Quote
I'll be short and frank.

If you are "Friend-Zoned" you allowed it.

I agree with Harrie on this, and that comic is actually pretty spot on.


Girls have opinions, just like we do. It's their choice to like you or not. So just because you're this average looking guy who buys her shit randomly, and walks her to class (if you're still in high school or whatever), holds her stuff and you're generally a nice guy, she's not going to fall in love with you immediately. There is other shit you need to address first, like your own aesthetics. No girl will date a nice guy who looks like he sits in front of his computer all day browsing 9Gag and Reddit, constantly munching on Doritos.

You need to take care of yourself, and dress accordingly if you want a girls attention.

I never fell into the friend zone, because it wasn't even a thing when I was dating.



Ps. Jesp. You have terrible luck. With everything.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 7:46 Quote
SilverbackGorilla wrote:
I don't know about Jordan but most girls in the west do expect to have food bought for them on dates and to be pampered over.

I'm British, I lived the first 23 years of my life in Britain, and I'm dating an American. You're chasing after the wrong type of girls.

SilverbackGorilla wrote:
Right, I guess your comment is more powerful than science. Women are more emotional than men because that is how they need to be for child raising and their biological role in humanity. It doesn't mean they're less important/valuable than men but they're different mentally.

Two points:

Firstly, it is utterly meaningless to talk about 'women' as a monolithic, homogenous entity. The difference between different women is so great that saying 'women are like this' is totally f*cking meaningless. It's about identifying what you want from a relationship and finding someone with the same wants and needs.

For example, when I moved to Palestine, I moved in with a work colleague who is now my closest friend here. We both started relationships with girls within two months. We have very different relationship needs. I'm very focussed on physical attention, him not so much. He found a girlfriend who doesn't like to be touched that much, but who has very similar interests and a similar personality to him - they both love hipster bullshit music and are both quite sardonic. I'm outsoorsy, but much more emotionally 'needy' than he is. So while they listen to music, paint pictures and play practical jokes on each other, we stay in bed until midday and then go for walks.

My point is, for all you kids out there, don't make overarching, generalised comments about half the population of the world, get out there and find someone with the same priorities and emotional needs as you.

Secondly, everyone is emotional. There is no-one in the world who is not, fundamentally, governed by their emoitions. This makes you happy - do it. It doesn't - don't do it. Being emotionally unavailable, or cutting someone off, or refusing to talk about something is just as much an emotional act as sobbing and trashing a room. There is no such thing as a rational person. Anyone who believes they are a purely rational person isn't. They're just denying the importance of their own emotions in their decision-making, and deluding themselves into thinking that they're rational as a defence mechanism, probably because they don't want to acknowledge their own vulnerability to, or lack of control over, their emotions. There's a word for this - it's called rationalising.

SilverbackGorilla wrote:
There is nothing wrong with maintaining control in a relationship, subtle or otherwise. You either hold the power or you don't this is true for every relationship as one party will be more afraid of it ending than the other. You can dispute that all you want but it's true.

"It's true because it's true?" Again, your very combative, domineering view of relationships comes across. My relationship is extremely egalitarian in every way. It's very successful. Go figure. What's more, I have no desire to control the one person I share more of my life with than anyone else. I want to be accepted and to be able to let my guard down. Like I quoted above - if you want to love, you've got to accept that you're going to be vulnerable. I'm fine with exposing myself to that vulnerability. I don't think you are.

SilverbackGorilla wrote:
My lack of interest in dating does not mean I have any more/less valuable advice than you, infact given your philosophy I would be taking your advice with a pinch of salt.

At the risk of coming off as a dick, I'm going to compare us. You have a string of flings with girls you don't seem to particularly like or find interesting (well, not beyond their capacity to give you sex), at least in part because you don't trust the female gender. I'm in a stable and mutually loving relationship with a girl I love greatly. I'm going to guess that, given the choice, most people on this thread would choose my relationship status over yours.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
holy shit... I really hope you don't come in contact with any of my girl friends or any decent girl for that matter. (gorilla)

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
She cried loads, only because she feels guilty and bad about the situation and putting me through it, I took some tissues because I knew she'd need them, she smiled, and shit, I didn't shed a single tear this time.

But she tells me she just needs a sort of break, to figure out what kind of person she wants/needs, to see things for herself, we started dating completely unexpectedly after knowing each other 10 days, so we skipped a lot of normal relationship stuff, moved together after knowing each other 15 days, etc, neither of us had ever gotten so attached so quickly, but the distance won, I guess, I should have just moved immediately even without a job, I had money saved up and shit I could sell in an emergency, I could have done it.

She says she also feels like our story isn't supposed to end yet.

I never let anyone get in so deep like I did her, so it stings a little, but I'll survive.

I hope that what we did on the night she broke it off doesn't come and bite me in the ass later and call me dad.

Pegging can be emotionally trying the first few times, I hear.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
dkidd wrote:
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
She cried loads, only because she feels guilty and bad about the situation and putting me through it, I took some tissues because I knew she'd need them, she smiled, and shit, I didn't shed a single tear this time.

But she tells me she just needs a sort of break, to figure out what kind of person she wants/needs, to see things for herself, we started dating completely unexpectedly after knowing each other 10 days, so we skipped a lot of normal relationship stuff, moved together after knowing each other 15 days, etc, neither of us had ever gotten so attached so quickly, but the distance won, I guess, I should have just moved immediately even without a job, I had money saved up and shit I could sell in an emergency, I could have done it.

She says she also feels like our story isn't supposed to end yet.

I never let anyone get in so deep like I did her, so it stings a little, but I'll survive.

I hope that what we did on the night she broke it off doesn't come and bite me in the ass later and call me dad.

Pegging can be emotionally trying the first few times, I hear.

c-c-c-combo breaker From serious to jokes. Thank you, sir.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 10:43 Quote
Rattsl it is not bad luck unfortunately I don't have experience with girls so I don't have the self confidence nor the knowledge on how to act.

However
I went to barna today and bought some hipster socks and when I was making it back to catch the train I saw a homeless man without shoes, I couldn't give him my shoes so I gave him a pair of socks.

Karma tried to reward me I think, on the train I sat in front of a beautiful girl and she wouldn't stop looking at me and smiling. I didn't have anough balls to givw her my number and now she is gone

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 10:46 Quote
Good Guy Jesp.

Our lord Cthulu smiled on you.

But yeah. Just pretend she's a dude and start talkin man. Women are just like men when it comes to smalltalk.

Or get a job with business cards, give her one and write a phone number on it (preferably yours). Works like 99% of the time.

It's seriously uncomfortable. I'm supposed to be meeting a girl on Saturday. She sorta outlined her plans for how it will go. So I have basically no surprises, but I'm still anxious as all hell. It never goes away dude.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 10:46 Quote
I can understand not having the balls to open your mouth to a girl when you know them or go to the same school/uni/work or whatever and need to seem them again to some extent but when chances are you'll never see them again you really need to just go for it! Come on Jesp, you can dooo eeeet!

It was all Ratcats fault for undermining your confidence right?

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 10:47 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Rattsl it is not bad luck unfortunately I don't have experience with girls so I don't have the self confidence nor the knowledge on how to act.

However
I went to barna today and bought some hipster socks and when I was making it back to catch the train I saw a homeless man without shoes, I couldn't give him my shoes so I gave him a pair of socks.

Karma tried to reward me I think, on the train I sat in front of a beautiful girl and she wouldn't stop looking at me and smiling. I didn't have anough balls to givw her my number and now she is gone

That's what I'm talking about. Just start a conversation. Anything.....just say anything (as long as it's not morbidly retarded). Some words spoken are better than none.


In other words, how are you going to win the lottery, if you never play?

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 10:48 Quote
Always remember Tho that her eyes are up in her face not her chest (made that lack of will power mistake a few times when I was younger/ less experienced) lol but yea just start with that standard weather conversation and work to asking how their day was.

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 10:50 Quote
Weather question is outdated, and tacky. I can look outside and see the weather.

Either a simple "Hi, how are you?"

Or see if you can notice something about her that catches our interest. (Book, a specific article of clothing, etc)


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009013
Mobile Version of Website