Truvativ Ruktion

PB Forum :: SRAM
Truvativ Ruktion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 17:02 Quote
Hey,I got a Truvativ Ruktion crankset on my Norco Havoc I just bought 4 days ago.I was riding to the skatepark and it randomly fell off.Is it just a bad crankset or was it just loose?

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 17:05 Quote
It was probably just loose. Make sure that before you go out to ride you check your cranks or you can ruin your cranks. Also it would be a good idea to always carry some allenkeys with you.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 17:10 Quote
it takes a big ass allan key,which I don't have.

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
this is a problem with these and the hussefelt cranks they come loose even with thread lock in the bolt biggest suggestion buy new cranks

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
Hmmm. Question. So my Ruktion's did the same thing, and from research I have learned it is all too common. I tightened it back up and after a 5 minute ride it was loose again. So do I need new cranks and a new bottom bracket, or just new cranks? I was thinking hussefelts possibly.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
husselfelt do teh same thing, u may be able to get the self extracting crank bolts, which might help your casue

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 0:24 Quote
Not had any problems with the Truvativ cranksets all you have to do is
make sure you have the correct amount of spacers on your bb the correct
chainline bb ie 51mm or 56mm and tighten them to the correct torque figures
and you should not have any problems with them

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
Never had issues with my Hussefelts or Ruktion cranks. I swear by them and won't use anything else!

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
mine came on an 06 bighit and I haven't had any problems, maybe some blue lock tight???

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
if you dont care if you can take them off or dont do your own maintenance then just use superglue...

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
blackdot wrote:
mine came on an 06 bighit and I haven't had any problems, maybe some blue lock tight???

I had the same problem as the first guy (came loose all the time) so I always brought a
allen key with me. after a while I got sick of it and took high strength loc-tite(blue color, medium strength is red) and let it sit overnight and they never came loose again
although the guy that bought my bike problably had some funny issues on taking the crank off. only really high heat loosens high strength loc-tite. hahaha lol

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
I had the same problem as the first guy (came loose all the time) so I always brought a
allen key with me. after a while I got sick of it and took high strength loc-tite(blue color, medium strength is red) and let it sit overnight and they never came loose again
although the guy that bought my bike problably had some funny issues on taking the crank off. only really high heat loosens high strength loc-tite. hahaha lol[/Quote]

The blue loc tite is the most common used on bike parts and it doesn't require high heat to loosen...FYI

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
scaliwag wrote:
allen key with me. after a while I got sick of it and took high strength loc-tite(blue is medium and red is high) and let it sit overnight and they never came loose again
although the guy that bought my bike problably had some funny issues on taking the crank off. only really high heat loosens high strength loc-tite. hahaha lol

The blue loc tite is the most common used on bike parts and it doesn't require high heat to loosen...FYI[/Quote]

i know i know. but I was just f*ckin sick of it comin loose

hey kids if it keeps comin loose then either the male threads on the bolt are stripped
or the female threads on the crank are stripped or its not tight enough (torque it to the RIGHT specs) or theres no loc-tite

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
bolts need time to bed in. keep tightening them eventually they will stay tight.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 18:45 Quote
I'm pretty sure blue loc-tite isn't the high strength one. I once ran into red loc-tite at the bike shop I work at. it took 4 guys about 10 minutes to get the bolt to turn. I see blue loc-tite all the time though. so I think you've got your colors mixed up.

ruktions and huselfelts are both very cheap cranksets. if they are giving you trouble, I would replace them. if you need something cheap get a pair of cheap bmx cranks. i guess that would only work for single speed though.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014613
Mobile Version of Website