4X Discussion V2

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
4X Discussion V2
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 14:53 Quote
Well ladies,

Sherb has asked me to make a new thread for the discussions of 4X.

Welcome to 4X Discussion V2, the rules are simple;

-No spamming (this includes one-word posts/ "jotnote" posts)
-No linking to distasteful websites
-No swearing
-No flaming
-No distasteful pictures
-No vulgar posts, no nudity, no rude, crude or obscene pictures
-No soliciting in the thread
-No discussing about torrents/other forms of piracy
-No MSN style posts (please use proper words and grammar)
-No feeding trolls/inappropriate posts
-Keep the off topic to a minimum: If it goes off topic, but it is a GOOD conversation, I'll let it slide. If not, and it gets corrupt, donezo.
- I'll operate it on a 3 strike system... Unless you come in here and rattle everyone's cage in a single showing: If this happens you're either gone in a group decision or I'll give you a single warning.

I realize I'm very opinionated when it comes to who I do and do not care for in the land of pinkbike, however everyone will get equal treatment as I see fit and I will keep an open mind in the sense that everyone has their own opinions.

Any issues in the past (this goes to everyone) are hereby erased, and I'd like to keep it that way.

#BANS #BANS

So, without further delay, lets talk some 4X.

Salute

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 15:28 Quote
not sure why this is being made?

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 15:30 Quote
By my request.

I've been getting tired of the low grade trolling and annoying comments in the last thread, so I asked BMX if he would make a new thread so the userlist can be moderated. He agreed. If there is any issue with any of his judgments, please talk to me.

I had said quite frankly that if the antics continued, this would happen. Now it has.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 15:55 Quote
Ah thats fair.

Judging by the last few pages anyway!

How frequent are 4x races over there? There is no where near enough over here Frown

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 15:58 Quote
Ontario all but canceled 4X, and the courses when it was going were brutally pathetic.

It's kinda sad, as there's so many people with street bikes who I know love riding dirt and pumptracks, and SO many fast hardtail shredders, but there's nowhere for them to go.

4X is dying/dead, and it is very sad.

Btw saw you were selling your Jackal, are you going to do another build or are you done with 4x?

sherbet wrote:
Ontario all but canceled 4X, and the courses when it was going were brutally pathetic.

It's kinda sad, as there's so many people with street bikes who I know love riding dirt and pumptracks, and SO many fast hardtail shredders, but there's nowhere for them to go.

4X is dying/dead, and it is very sad.
It's still alive here to a fair amount, not really thriving though.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:00 Quote
As it should be! Who doesn't love hardtail hooning? Really.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 16:34 Quote
I'll probably race a 4X rig next year to get back onto the bigwheels.

I think theres a few 4x races in alberta still.. might be wrong though.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 17:02 Quote
Is there actually 4x tracks or is it just cruiser class bmx races?

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 17:05 Quote
There are a couple 4x tracks but for the most part if it makes a return it'll probably be bmx tracks with a 4X "club"

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 19:30 Quote
The UCI helped kill 4x...now the only race I've ever heard of in Canada is the indoor series in BC Frown

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 20:23 Quote
I ride BSX and XC and mini-D on my bike, thereisn't a proper 4X track in the country.

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 0:22 Quote
Hi, I didn't often post in the other 4x thread but followed it for some time.

I have a dilemma and require some advise, though here would be the best place to share it.

I have the bike below: (this is an old picture)

photo

Although I have changed allot of things since then, No big daft sofa seat, 2012 Argyle RCT, Kenda Small block eights, Renthal Bars and Sram X0 with MRP Bling ring crank being the main things.

A mate has decided he wants to sell his brand new 2013 Specialized P3 and he said I can have it for £600.(RRP£1000)

photo

Here's the problem . . . .

Do I sell it on straight away and try to make a few hundred pounds or do I put my Forks, Cranks, Bar + Stem on the P3 frame and sell what's left over?

I'm torn because I really like my Jackal and the RRP on the frame is allot more than the P3 but the P3 is soooooo nice and I'd like the idea of having a new bike . . .

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 2:11 Quote
gmanpl0x wrote:
Btw saw you were selling your Jackal, are you going to do another build or are you done with 4x?

There's no races to warrant keeping it. Only reason i had it for this long is cause i commuted with it but now DH bike is built, its just money sat there which i'd rather have.

I don't want to sell it because its by far the best hard tail I've ever rode and i know if i bought another, i'd want another but its not going to be used whilst i'm at uni. Its a real shame.

EDIT: Keep the jackal, P3 won't be as good for 4x (if thats what you mean). Or buy the P3, swap all the good bits over and sell rest?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012511
Mobile Version of Website