4X Discussion V2

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
4X Discussion V2
Posted: Jan 22, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
Yeah a downmall event would be pretty sweet but your right i don't think any major shopping center's would want it because they would lose to much money.

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 at 10:34 Quote
joepuddle wrote:
would love to see this in the uk. With places like Westfield in London there is more than enough space and to make it happen. Although I doubt the shopping centres would want to lose the money shutting it for an evening.

I think it looks pretty sketchy!!

Didnt Adam Stasek injure himself pretty bad at the dual mall event last year?

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 at 12:09 Quote
jackhud wrote:
joepuddle wrote:
would love to see this in the uk. With places like Westfield in London there is more than enough space and to make it happen. Although I doubt the shopping centres would want to lose the money shutting it for an evening.

I think it looks pretty sketchy!!

Didnt Adam Stasek injure himself pretty bad at the dual mall event last year?

Agreed id be worried about how little grip youd be getting and its not adsactley a soft surface to land on you might even go through a window or something.

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 at 12:17 Quote
I think if something like this was held over here it would obviously be a lot safer to be honest I would be shocked if someone like redbull hasn't looked into it. In terms of an event to get people outside the sport interested it would be brilliant if not something like this im all for an urban race. 4x is a niche sport within a niche sport and the only way to get people interested is to take it to them. Imagine 4x in the middle of london around trafalgar square or even at battersea power station it would be amazing.

Posted: Jan 22, 2014 at 12:21 Quote
joepuddle wrote:
I think if something like this was held over here it would obviously be a lot safer to be honest I would be shocked if someone like redbull hasn't looked into it. In terms of an event to get people outside the sport interested it would be brilliant if not something like this im all for an urban race. 4x is a niche sport within a niche sport and the only way to get people interested is to take it to them. Imagine 4x in the middle of london around trafalgar square or even at battersea power station it would be amazing.

That would be one way to get the sport out there:P

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 9:30 Quote
Hi guys, which 4cross trails in Czech are ridable? Or Slovakia or eastern Germany, I know about JBC and Kalnica (SK), something more?

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 at 9:21 Quote
Anybody here help me out with getting started in 4x? Not too sure about bike parts tbh, I have a couple parts lying around that I may be able to use, but any help would be appreciated! ps: When did this place die? Frown

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 at 14:24 Quote
Use downhill bars and drivetrain, AM rims, XC tires, and a dirt jump fork. Then, find a 4x track, and enter a race. Congrats. You are now a 4x racer.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 13:55 Quote
Thoughts on a 2009 Norco XXXX? Im about to get one

Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
Woahhhh, this thread hasn't been used for over a year :0

@Gasket-Jeff, best to ask in the Post your 4X bikes thread. But from what I've heard it's a pretty awesome frame, almost bought one a few months back but just don't have the time to justify buying another bike Big Grin

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 6:18 Quote
Tune in for the 4X world Champs live tonight from 7.45 onwards !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roMHy2mb_KU

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
I'm looking to start out racing 4X. What would be a good beginner bike

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 11:41 Quote
4X rider community - please check out my ad and share with your friends!

WANTED - Commencal Absolut 4X Ti frame (or complete bike) >>> https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2771824/

Will literally do anything you ask if you can find me one for sale - rob a bank, light things on fire, hunt a human being, take a shit in public, divorce my wife, you name it..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013336
Mobile Version of Website