Clipless Pedals

PB Forum :: Beginners
Clipless Pedals
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 12:58 Quote
Hi guys I'm new to downhill so if you guys could give me a hand here.Im looking to buy some clipless pedals and shoes.Can I get some suggestions?

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 13:28 Quote
If you are looking to do downhill you will want to avoid clipless. in case you bail you will want to be able to detach yourself from the bike as quickly as possible, and that is not always easily done with a clipless. Get yourself some platform pedals that way you are not directly attached to the bike and you can get away from the bike with both feet attached to your legs still.

FL
Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 13:57 Quote
i use clipless and i ride DH, it is not common as most will use flats.

i have migrated from shimano spd pedals to crank bros mallet DH3, they have a bigger surface area and have pins like a flat for when you just need to pedal and worry about clipping in later, they also have a fairly uncluttered cleat so it does not get bocked like shimano spd, picked them up from pinkbike for £40 with cleats, use them with my Shimano dx shoes.

I have taken many falls, low speed, high speed, jumps, corners, trees etc, my shoes have always detached from the pedals with no consequences.

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 20:37 Quote
If you intend to race then Clipless can help but just for fun most people don't use them. I would recommend starting out with flats for DH then later after you get better at DH. Move to clips.

Crankbrothers make good clip less Dh pedals the mallets are good like above spd can complicate things since in Dh it's not as easy to clip back in. As things are happening faster and require more attention.

Clipless can help you get really light on your bike and is what the racers are moving towards on WC circuit.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008344
Mobile Version of Website