Carbon brakes

• Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2013 at 8:31 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
superbikes wrote:
Where can I buy these rotors ? I need 180mm size and how much in UK pounds

Kettle cycles in USA sells them, but currently I'd wait if I were in your place.

Keep an eye on the test I will perform over the following weeks.

http://www.huckingkitty.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=211
thanks

Posted: Mar 3, 2013 at 9:42 Quote
cobba wrote:
Apparently the rotors need a good cleaning before they can be used, another poster in that thread says Kettle sent him an email saying that "a cleaning solution used after the last step of production was not completely removed, resulting in a longer bedding in period while the contaminant was removed."

As I explained in the test thread at Huckingkitty.com, I doubt that the bed in period Kettle recommends is adequate.
The carbon SiC brake I made, has lower surface roughness, and yet took longer to bed in.
I would expect the Kettle rotors to require a handsome amount of rough use to bed in.

Magura Smile

Posted: Mar 15, 2013 at 15:04 Quote
I made some Carbenix 4000 Carbon SiC pads for those rotors today.

Currently I'm not impressed by the power the rotors offers with Hope pads.
Hopefully carbon pads changes that.

Magura Smile

Carbenix 4000 brake pads Carbon SiC from Honeywell . Made for the Kettle carbon rotors as I m not all that impressed with the performance of stock Hope pads on those. Test to be posted here http www.huckingkitty.com forums viewtopic.php f 15 amp t 211 amp start 30

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 11:46 Quote
I finished some more serious testing today, join the thread at www.huchingkitty.com/forums for results and discussion.

Magura Smile

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 15:47 Quote
Please don't touch anything by Kettle Cycles... Having paid out about $200 to support them and help set up their business they still haven't sent out my rotors and we are talking about pretty well a year later when they now seem to be selling and supplying to the general public.... they don't respond to messages, there are few if any updates a s their customer service is non existant... So angry with them I can't tell you and will never ever touch anything they sell again. IF I ever received rotors and that's a BIG if, they're being sold straight away, I don't want any reminder of the hell this has been... So far my only thought is thieves.......

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 1:31 Quote
I can sure follow your frustration, having a fairly big amount stuck with them as well.
Having said that, let's stick to the facts, however boring they might be. ;-)

Kettle don't supply anybody at this point, but rather tries to get rotors out to the ones who already paid.
What is happening over there AFAIK, is that they're in trouble, as the initial response to the rotors wasn't quite what they expected.
They have so far been unable to make something that lives up to peoples expectations, and that's what they're trying to sort.
So, bad info level, bad PR, product issues, and extreme delays, yes that's them, but thieves, nope not really, just somebody who lost oversight and control.

Magura Smile

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 15:17 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
I can sure follow your frustration, having a fairly big amount stuck with them as well.
Having said that, let's stick to the facts, however boring they might be. ;-)

Kettle don't supply anybody at this point, but rather tries to get rotors out to the ones who already paid.
What is happening over there AFAIK, is that they're in trouble, as the initial response to the rotors wasn't quite what they expected.
They have so far been unable to make something that lives up to peoples expectations, and that's what they're trying to sort.
So, bad info level, bad PR, product issues, and extreme delays, yes that's them, but thieves, nope not really, just somebody who lost oversight and control.

Magura Smile

Mr Magura, any new developments with the carbon pads and rotors? Your conclusions now that the dust has started to settle?

Anyone else ordered some lately and have a reveiw?

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 17:49 Quote
Take a look at the thread at Huckingkitty.com.
That's the only reliable info I know of.

I have them working with my own carbon pads.

Magura Smile

• Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014992
Mobile Version of Website