3 All-Mountain bike choices. Which would you get, & why?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
3 All-Mountain bike choices. Which would you get, & why?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 16:29 Quote
benuntu wrote:
I think the rims are fine...for now! I just say that because with every rim I've used hard, they just only last so long. Unless you build up a custom wheel with 36 spokes that weighs a ton, doing drops and jumps is eventually going to take it's toll. I think the best advice I've heard that I'll pass along is: ride it until it breaks!

Okay, i was going to do exactly as you said. As I would be saving for some nice Mavic or DT Swiss rims, I would be riding the SUN SR-25 rims until they break.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 16:59 Quote
Mr88high wrote:
I have never knicked my leg bad, but I wil try and watch out for that.
I don't want a DJ bike.

Read this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/california-norcal/calf-meet-chainring-641287.html

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 21:01 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Mr88high wrote:
I have never knicked my leg bad, but I wil try and watch out for that.
I don't want a DJ bike.

Read this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/california-norcal/calf-meet-chainring-641287.html

To tell you the truth, yes my legs are scarred up, mostly from my Welgo pedals (spikes galore)
But I do remember one time when I tried to jump off of a park bench doing technical, I crashed, and my large front cog gave me a small scar on my ankle. It's pretty much gone now. I don't really worry about it too much, as long as I get good grippy shoes and Crank Bros 50-50 pedals, I should be fine:

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 10:48 Quote
Mr88high wrote:
I don't really worry about it too much

That is what young people do. Good luck. Wink

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 11:10 Quote
Mr88high wrote:
benuntu wrote:
I think the rims are fine...for now! I just say that because with every rim I've used hard, they just only last so long. Unless you build up a custom wheel with 36 spokes that weighs a ton, doing drops and jumps is eventually going to take it's toll. I think the best advice I've heard that I'll pass along is: ride it until it breaks!

Okay, i was going to do exactly as you said. As I would be saving for some nice Mavic or DT Swiss rims, I would be riding the SUN SR-25 rims until they break.

Exactly, just ride it and save up money. The funny thing is, I've ridden some parts that were supposed to be sh$t, but just worked. I beat them into submission and was almost hoping they would die, but they just wouldn't. Kind of like my 1989 Honda Accord. I want to get a new car, but the dam thing just won't die!

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 11:17 Quote
benuntu wrote:
I want to get a new car, but the dam thing just won't die!

I finally got rid of my grad school time 1991 Acura just a couple years ago when some dolt rear ended it and his insurance bought it. I already had a fancy pants car my wife insisted I should buy, but i just kept running it as a commuter. Almost 300K miles, pretty much no maintenance. Replaced clutch once.

On topic - Sun's rims are fine. If they are well built and tensioned they will do as well as anything else.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 16:35 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Mr88high wrote:
I don't really worry about it too much

That is what young people do. Good luck. Wink

Hahaha thats true...

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 16:36 Quote
Axxe wrote:
benuntu wrote:
I want to get a new car, but the dam thing just won't die!

I finally got rid of my grad school time 1991 Acura just a couple years ago when some dolt rear ended it and his insurance bought it. I already had a fancy pants car my wife insisted I should buy, but i just kept running it as a commuter. Almost 300K miles, pretty much no maintenance. Replaced clutch once.

On topic - Sun's rims are fine. If they are well built and tensioned they will do as well as anything else.

Okay, I will keep them until it is neccescary to change them

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010448
Mobile Version of Website