Can't ride for 6 months need hobbys help please

PB Forum :: Downhill
Can't ride for 6 months need hobbys help please
Posted: Feb 26, 2013 at 13:40 Quote
SebAshwell wrote:
First request is that you learn how to use the camera on manual since I am sick of seeing people running around with a D-SLR on crappy auto mode on in broad daylight with their popup flash up thinking they are pro's because they have a reasonably expensive camera. RANT OVER.
Enjoy using the camera I hope to see some results in the future.
Yeah I have a couple of mates who a really good photographers, like they have photos I mtb magazines so ill just go on shoots and lean from them

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 0:27 Quote
SebAshwell wrote:
First request is that you learn how to use the camera on manual since I am sick of seeing people running around with a D-SLR on crappy auto mode on in broad daylight with their popup flash up thinking they are pro's because they have a reasonably expensive camera. RANT OVER.
after a good 6 hours watch you tube tutorials i can assure that i can use it properly so stoked with it though

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 1:23 Quote
dhorgan wrote:
SebAshwell wrote:
after a good 6 hours watch you tube tutorials i can assure that i can use it properly so stoked with it though
Nice one. We shall be expecting a POD soon then Razz

Posted: Mar 3, 2013 at 15:56 Quote
Ever thought of getting into shooting? Used to do it before I moved on to biking. Takes a lot of skill to be good and a lot of time to master it. Dunno what the prices are for a half decent air rifle over there in Aus but over here its only about £200 for a decent second hand springer.

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 15:35 Quote
do anything but playing world of warcraft dude

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 17:59 Quote
shot a little for the first time yesterday guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0742gaN4Qw

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 0:51 Quote
I'm not a film maker but Film a little. With fixed frame shots I find it much Better to have a heavier faster song it helps being up the atmosphere of speed and the film. Slower chilled songs are muh harder to make work, it really take a lot of filming techniques to get it working.

Good job getting out there and filming though the angles were good too. Throw in against a new song though. Smile

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 0:57 Quote
slidways wrote:
I'm not a film maker but Film a little. With fixed frame shots I find it much Better to have a heavier faster song it helps being up the atmosphere of speed and the film. Slower chilled songs are muh harder to make work, it really take a lot of filming techniques to get it working.

Good job getting out there and filming though the angles were good too. Throw in against a new song though. Smile
yeah was using average video editer and couldnt get the song right but when i get my editing software of a mate in a few days and i actually put effort into the video we'll be all go

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 5:02 Quote
Masturbate.....

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 10:32 Quote
there are other things to ride that don't include bikes Razz

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
Even with a broken collar bone Wink

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 2:13 Quote
Bit of an update, doctors orders were a bit worse than first thought.
I Had to wait 8 months before i could even start light all mountain/xc riding even still another head/brain injury could be catastrophic.
I didn't feel it at the time but thinking back when i first posted this thread i was pretty f*cked up, the brain injury had definitely taken its toll and i was a pretty fried. Having to sit on the couch for 3 or so months and just trying to recover i set to eating my parents out of house and home. I put on about 20kg going from a chubby 83kg to a full on fat lard at 104kg and 5 foot 10. However as soon as i got the all clear from the doctors to start light training again i was in the gym pretty much every day. After about 2 months i started hitting the gym hard mixing 30 minutes of high intensity interval cardio with a solid hour of high rep weight training 4-5 times a week smashing it out.
When i got to about 6 months of no riding i just kinda gave up on any hope of riding again and decided i should just try fit and be the typical teenage boy just talking shit and hitting the gym.
I got to about November and one of my old closest riding mates hits me up about why i'm not riding even though i can now since it had been 8 months, i told him that i don't ride anymore and i'm not interested in riding ever again (crazy I know).
Eventually he talked me into coming out for a light spin with him and his girlfriend, when i finally went out i absolutely loved every minute of it, it felt like i had been on the bike this whole time, it all came so naturally.
After borrowing a few more bikes and still loving it, i got my Giant glory out of storage and flicked it off and brought a pretty much new giant reign and rode all summer long eventually getting faster and faster.
Fast forward a couple months and i've cut down to 85 kg and just over 6 foot.
I have just completed the Local enduro series where i came second overall in u19 and managed to place 2nd in u19 in the college enduro champs, which was a great way to end the season.
I'm now more determined than ever to train harder and ride faster to compete in enduro races nation wide.
But wow what a journey, sitting around the top of the levin nationals track joking with my mates i could never see my life taking such a dramatic turn. I am stoked to say the least with how i was able to recover, so easily i could of been just a straight retard, its been so good having so much support and i am so much more thankful for life in general now.
I guess in some ways it could of been a blessing in disguise.
Cheers Daniel Horgan

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 5:06 Quote
congrats man. pleased to hear that you made it out the other side, all be it by the skin of your teeth. stay with it buddy Big Grin

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 11:00 Quote
Good to hear you are recovering well but I can't imagine how hard it must be with all that recovery time , fair play for losing all that weight , thats a hell of a lot to burn off!

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 20:48 Quote
one of my best friends shattered his elbow and was out for 6 months, rushed recovery, first day back re-injured it and lost another 6 months.So try not to rush things.

In his time off he was:

1. Finally able to land a girl friend (always hard to do if you ride every day)

2. Learned how to moonwalk (which helped him get his gf actually, lol)

3. watched ALOT of pinkbike videos.

the third point is perhaps the most important. Visualization is one of the most overlooked pieces of riding. When he came back he started looking like the guys in the videos which did wonders for his riding abilities.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.125516
Mobile Version of Website