2014 Whistler Summer Season

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
2014 Whistler Summer Season
Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 12:01 Quote
Hi all,

I am off to BC for a year on a working holiday, but I will be spending the summer in Whistler (June onwards) and other BC parks. Just thought I would open a thread up for riding buddies and other related banter etc. Be great to meet up with some ppl from PB as I am going out alone and don't fancy riding solo most of the time....

Anyway, cannot wait! Pimp

http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 12:19 Quote
Great idea! Im out for all of July and August so will be great to find people to ride with and stuff! Smile

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 12:23 Quote
Barbour1994 wrote:
Great idea! Im out for all of July and August so will be great to find people to ride with and stuff! Smile

Big Grin Awesome, I am out May 11th until well.....2015 if my 2nd visa gets through on the 7th...

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 14:44 Quote
I'm there first two weeks of Sept and up for a few laps for sure.

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 at 1:45 Quote
How have you guys gotten on with finding work and such? I have been working in bike shops for almost 4 years now and would love to go over there and work in a shop, but when I contacted people it didn't seem like there was much seasonal work in bike shops as a lot of the same people stick around for the summer as well as winter. What do you guys plan to do? Is it just holiday or will you need to work to survive as well.

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 at 10:42 Quote
Nice idea making this thread. I am heading out for the majority of the summer. Looking to share some accommodation for july and august so if anyone is interested or knows anything available that would be awesome.

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 at 11:14 Quote
bolmaing wrote:
How have you guys gotten on with finding work and such? I have been working in bike shops for almost 4 years now and would love to go over there and work in a shop, but when I contacted people it didn't seem like there was much seasonal work in bike shops as a lot of the same people stick around for the summer as well as winter. What do you guys plan to do? Is it just holiday or will you need to work to survive as well.

I too am looking for bike shop work or CAD work.....I am fully qualified/experience in both, made one or two enquires but nothing firm so far. Bit hard from other side of the world.

My plan is to mainly ride for most of the summer until Sept time and then either move to Van and get a proper job or find something in Whistler, never been snowboarding so fancy having ago at that. I will definitely need a job....money will be tight as it is.

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 at 13:50 Quote
Getting a job in the bike shops will be nearly impossible. Been there 8 years in a row on holiday and its pretty much the same guys in the shops every time. Better chance working as a lifty or shop/bar work.

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 at 14:38 Quote
I'm heading out as well after i finish uni for as long as i can stay out there! Would be great to get some contacts from you guys to see how you get on and so i'm not on my lonesome haha. Was thinking of just getting hotel/cleaning/bar work so i can enjoy the daytimes!

Posted: Feb 28, 2013 at 15:05 Quote
gurnzilla wrote:
I'm heading out as well after i finish uni for as long as i can stay out there! Would be great to get some contacts from you guys to see how you get on and so i'm not on my lonesome haha. Was thinking of just getting hotel/cleaning/bar work so i can enjoy the daytimes!

I have no first hand experience but I have heard that if you want any free time in hours to ride the park or do much, don't work in a hotel. Smile

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 11:20 Quote
demostug wrote:
Getting a job in the bike shops will be nearly impossible. Been there 8 years in a row on holiday and its pretty much the same guys in the shops every time. Better chance working as a lifty or shop/bar work.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me, I am pretty open minded jobwise tbf but I am considering the idea of moving to Van city in Sept to get an engineering or design job, as its what I do now.

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 11:22 Quote
gurnzilla wrote:

Nice one, well stay involved in the thread and nearer the time there should be some other ppl to ride with....

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 14:50 Quote
jarb88 wrote:
gurnzilla wrote:

Nice one, well stay involved in the thread and nearer the time there should be some other ppl to ride with....

well I'll defo be down for some laps! Smile

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 15:06 Quote
Barbour1994 wrote:
jarb88 wrote:
gurnzilla wrote:

well I'll defo be down for some laps! Smile

yep, also down for some laps with you fellow travellers.

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
I'm just upset I'm not going this year! 2 weeks in Andorra instead. Back in 2014 tho.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007351
Mobile Version of Website