2014 Whistler Summer Season

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
2014 Whistler Summer Season
Posted: Feb 3, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
Looking for accommodation for this summer. Anyone else in the same boat looking for a house share? Theres a few on craigslist atm but more around $1000 so if possible we could get one of those and split it?

Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 2:45 Quote
Going through the whole process now 2 and looking at jobs/accommodation . heading over early may

Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 5:56 Quote
I'm out July 18th til Aug 22nd, doing the PeakLeaders mountain bike instructor course, should be epic, there for the 2 weeks of cranckworx too! bring on the summer!!

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 11:48 Quote
Sitting on the spin bike right now watching you tubes of whistler trails,bring it the f*ck on!

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 8:02 Quote
Right, the time has come for me to book flights. Preferably one way.

Can anyone recommend an airline from the UK to Vancouver which has a good deal on bikes on the plane and all that?

Looking to take two bikes over in separate bags/boxes (3 if I can split the dj between the two bike bags/boxes if the weight limit is large enough)

Cheers

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 12:27 Quote
spudlord wrote:

Can anyone recommend an airline from the UK to Vancouver which has a good deal on bikes on the plane and all that?

Looking to take two bikes over in separate bags/boxes (3 if I can split the dj between the two bike bags/boxes if the weight limit is large enough)

Cheers

Im flying with air transat, £20 for bike with 32kg limit on each so you should be able to split the DJ. Probably not the cheapest flights out there but direct to Vancouver from various UK airports and super easy.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 14:43 Quote
Air transat have been great from my past experience, just make sure your bike bag is in the limit otherwise as my friend found out you have to leave a lot of shit in the airport!

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 2:42 Quote
TomForbes wrote:
spudlord wrote:

Cheers

Im flying with air transat, £20 for bike with 32kg limit on each so you should be able to split the DJ. Probably not the cheapest flights out there but direct to Vancouver from various UK airports and super easy.

Wow 32kg is a lot! That's great guys thanks, should smash some laps when we're there!

Just a heads up to anyone, flying form London to Vancouver is areoun £200 cheaper than Manchester

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 11:59 Quote
Also check out Canadian Affair.

Good prices

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 at 4:54 Quote
Im flying with AirCanada, aint a bad price and its non-stop. Bike needs to be under 32kg and no longer than 292cm.

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 at 10:27 Quote
Virgin,£634 bike £25

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 7:44 Quote
minty1 wrote:
Virgin,£634 bike £25

damnnnnnnnnnn dat price tho

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 8:16 Quote
minty1 wrote:
Virgin,£634 bike £25

That's pretty cheap, when are you going? My flight out in August is a fair bit more than my return at the end of September, which I spose is expected

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 8:21 Quote
tom666 wrote:
minty1 wrote:
Virgin,£634 bike £25

damnnnnnnnnnn dat price tho

If you book the flight as a return the price is much lower. There are extra costs and taxes on one way flights.

Just did a quick check on Transat

London -Vancouver July
Vancouver - London October

£710 + £20 per bike box

I plan on being there for 12 months but they don't offer flights that far in advance, does anyone know a way around this to get return flights so far in advance? Say July 2014 - July 2015

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 15:41 Quote
TomForbes wrote:
minty1 wrote:
Virgin,£634 bike £25

That's pretty cheap, when are you going? My flight out in August is a fair bit more than my return at the end of September, which I spose is expected
last week of week Aug coming back 3 weeks later. It's a good price for sure £230 cheaper than air Canada last year,saw it on skyscanner and booked it on the spot about 2 months ago.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011526
Mobile Version of Website