2014 Whistler Summer Season

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
2014 Whistler Summer Season
Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
minty1 wrote:
TomForbes wrote:
minty1 wrote:
Virgin,£634 bike £25

That's pretty cheap, when are you going? My flight out in August is a fair bit more than my return at the end of September, which I spose is expected
last week of week Aug coming back 3 weeks later. It's a good price for sure £230 cheaper than air Canada last year,saw it on skyscanner and booked it on the spot about 2 months ago.

See ya there dude. Out for 2 weeks from last week in August.

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 16:36 Quote
spudlord wrote:
tom666 wrote:
minty1 wrote:
Virgin,£634 bike £25

damnnnnnnnnnn dat price tho

If you book the flight as a return the price is much lower. There are extra costs and taxes on one way flights.

Just did a quick check on Transat

London -Vancouver July
Vancouver - London October

£710 + £20 per bike box

I plan on being there for 12 months but they don't offer flights that far in advance, does anyone know a way around this to get return flights so far in advance? Say July 2014 - July 2015

I think the most you can advance book a return flight is ten months. So if you started looking while you're out there, say around the end of September, you're more than likely get one booked.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 16:29 Quote
demostug wrote:
minty1 wrote:
TomForbes wrote:

That's pretty cheap, when are you going? My flight out in August is a fair bit more than my return at the end of September, which I spose is expected
last week of week Aug coming back 3 weeks later. It's a good price for sure £230 cheaper than air Canada last year,saw it on skyscanner and booked it on the spot about 2 months ago.

sweet I'll post on here for a meet

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 17:30 Quote
demostug wrote:
minty1 wrote:
TomForbes wrote:

Taking the flight costs out of the equation, what sort of budget do you have to cover accommodation, food etc. for the two week stay?

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 23:32 Quote
rc8r67 wrote:
demostug wrote:
minty1 wrote:

Taking the flight costs out of the equation, what sort of budget do you have to cover accommodation, food etc. for the two week stay?

£1500 - £2000 should be plenty.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 10:13 Quote
demostug wrote:
rc8r67 wrote:
demostug wrote:

£1500 - £2000 should be plenty.

Thanks bud tup

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 11:25 Quote
I'm flying out to BC by myself at the end of July. Going to Whistler from the 13th to the 20th of Aug for Crankworx and to ride. I've booked to stay at the UBC Whistler Lodge, just wondering if anyone else is staying there? Need some buddies to ride and get wrecked at Crankworx with me

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 14:33 Quote
sebsaves wrote:
I'm flying out to BC by myself at the end of July. Going to Whistler from the 13th to the 20th of Aug for Crankworx and to ride. I've booked to stay at the UBC Whistler Lodge, just wondering if anyone else is staying there? Need some buddies to ride and get wrecked at Crankworx with me

I'm out there from 18th july to 22nd aug, doing the peak leaders instructor course, but will be out n about between that.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 10:42 Quote
Booked my one way flight the other night, Air Transat on the 17th May and it was £240 and £20 for bike. Sorted! Probably head up to Whistler end of May, spend a few weeks in North Van Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 14:39 Quote
Joshmcg wrote:
Booked my one way flight the other night, Air Transat on the 17th May and it was £240 and £20 for bike. Sorted! Probably head up to Whistler end of May, spend a few weeks in North Van Smile

How did you manage to get out for £240?

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 14:45 Quote
Looked a few weeks ago and it was £337 or roundabouts. Then looked back a week or so later and it was £240! Not sure. 12.50 on a Saturday from Manchester! Thought I best book it before it goes up haha

But on the Air Transat site they were all roughly that price a few days ago. One way from Manchester to Vancouver

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 16:10 Quote
Ive booked my flights for july goin to stay with an old buddy over there i paid 763 return and they said 30 dollars each way for bike Wink

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 16:49 Quote
Joshmcg wrote:
Looked a few weeks ago and it was £337 or roundabouts. Then looked back a week or so later and it was £240! Not sure. 12.50 on a Saturday from Manchester! Thought I best book it before it goes up haha

But on the Air Transat site they were all roughly that price a few days ago. One way from Manchester to Vancouver
you'll find the return flight is substantially more.

FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2014 at 17:21 Quote
minty1 wrote:
Joshmcg wrote:

you'll find the return flight is substantially more.

It's a fair swim if you can't afford to get back

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 12:29 Quote
Yeah just no idea when I'll come back so thought I'll get a one way and sit money aside for a return as and when I need to.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036957
Mobile Version of Website