1997 Santa Cruz Heckler Build

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
1997 Santa Cruz Heckler Build
Posted: Dec 8, 2013 at 17:52 Quote
Hah nice seat, dont see many of those charge seats around. Do you have any of their bikes or just happen across a seat? I ride a charge plug grinder so Im just curious.

And I was just about to say, that bikes too pretty to ride so dont get it dirty.. then I saw your last post all covered in mud lol. Awesome looking bike.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 14:42 Quote
ShiverSolitude wrote:
Hah nice seat, dont see many of those charge seats around. Do you have any of their bikes or just happen across a seat? I ride a charge plug grinder so Im just curious.

And I was just about to say, that bikes too pretty to ride so dont get it dirty.. then I saw your last post all covered in mud lol. Awesome looking bike.

Just got the seat. It looks but but it is a bit hard

Sean

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 20:26 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
ShiverSolitude wrote:

Just got the seat. It looks but but it is a bit hard

Sean

I've just been surfing around looking at some retro builds and I have to say this is my favorite so far.
Amazing work!
Never sell it!!!

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 20:39 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
poolguy55 wrote:
sean-s-1991 wrote:
Looks tidy. Polish the swingarm and get some original parts on it. I'll sell you forks bars and stem if ur interested?

Sean

Thanks man.
I'll keep that in mind.
I've got a lot of parts laying around in the shop. I'm gonna see what I can scrap together with what I have. I don't know if it will be all original.
I saw this in the Buy/Sell and kinda like it. I might go orange.
photo

Its classic, don't ruin it. Most people on pinkbike don't have a clue... Don't repaint it

Poolguy with a sweet classic, nice work! I don't have any classic bikes but something I can see myself doing in the future when I have a bigger garage.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 6:34 Quote
Im still only on page one but its awesome so far.

Off to read the rest.Hope there more piccys Big Grin

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 13:32 Quote
Loving these bikes guys!

Sean - I just picked up a 97 heckler and am looking to put a new rear shock on it - Do you happen to remember what the E to E length is on it?

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 at 3:19 Quote
I really do miss this bike, i took it everywhere with me and had some great times on it. I wish i never sold it and just upgraded some parts instead....

@snowwcold: the shock is 200mm pal tup

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
really nice bike !

this thread inspires me for my build

photo

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/a-santa-cruz-heckler-1997.911034/

greets Hendrik

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 22:01 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
I really do miss this bike, i took it everywhere with me and had some great times on it. I wish i never sold it and just upgraded some parts instead....

Sean I still have my Heckler frame that's all completely polished now.
Been hanging on the wall in the shop way too long, so it's yours if you want it.
I don't know how much it would cost to ship to UK, but I can find out.
I'd rather it go to someone who knows what it is, rather than give it to someone who'd thrash it.
Let me know man Salute

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
hi all, ive got a 97n on the go at present, and ive come across a few hurdles. does anyone have a link to wherre i can get hold of both sets of shock mounting hardware, as santa cruz/jungle have come up fruitless. also a link to the frame decals, including the little ones that go on the rear of the seat tube? tiaBig Grin

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
blackbetty - have you tried tftuned?

https://www.tftuned.com/tech-help/71-mount-kits-and-bushings-for-rear-shocks

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 11:19 Quote
These are some great builds!

Sooooo. Customer decided to rebuild his Heckler and have the frame powder coated. He brought us the shock to order a new one then brought the frame halves but has no main pivot. These parts are WAYYYYYY out of production.

Ideas on sourcing a main pivot? We never saw it complete and it's been a minute so I can't remember exactly what they look like.

If someone could post pics that would help a ton.

FWIW customer didn't even know it was a Heckler when he brought it in.

TYIA.

*** Update the customer found the main pivot bolt but does appear to be missing a bushing for one side of the rear triangle.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018797
Mobile Version of Website