1990 Haro Extreme Complete Restoration

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
1990 Haro Extreme Complete Restoration
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 8:08 Quote
that is one great restoration job well done fella..

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 at 9:39 Quote
daverazr wrote:
that is one great restoration job well done fella..

Cheers mate

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 8:27 Quote
I really dig this. Past two days I've seen a local guy riding one around. Really interesting looking frame. Nice resto and I've got a bit of a fetish for those DX pedals!

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 at 4:17 Quote
LeroyRochester wrote:
I really dig this. Past two days I've seen a local guy riding one around. Really interesting looking frame. Nice resto and I've got a bit of a fetish for those DX pedals!

cheers, and yeah it is an unusual one you definitely dont see many about Wink

sean

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 at 8:03 Quote
Nice job, did it come with handlebars that are a slightly larger diameter than the standard 25.4? I remember Haro did that sometime around that period. Not too many raised chainstay hardtails around anymore.

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 at 16:53 Quote
HohmSkulled wrote:
Nice job, did it come with handlebars that are a slightly larger diameter than the standard 25.4? I remember Haro did that sometime around that period. Not too many raised chainstay hardtails around anymore.

Thats the first ive herd of that! Nope standard size bars, Pretty much everything on the bike is original just cleaned polished or repainted Big Grin

Sean

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 at 16:09 Quote
Sean,

You did a really incredible job on that bike.

But I don't think it's a 1990.

I bought my frame in 1988.
My serial # is H89111119

After that, they went to rear suspension.
A person could choose either hard seat stays or their 1st gen rear suspension.

Closer to 1992 they had the bent raised chain stays with a decent suspension system.

I have an old catalog.pdf somewhere. The 1986 traditional chainstays are common to see, and also the early 90's with the rear suspension. The ones like ours, hard tail, with raised chain stays are hard to find documentation for.

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
It was made in may 1990, it was stamped in the frame.

Sorry but your information is far wrong...

This steel model was available as a hardtail only until 1992 when they also launched an aluminium version. There was also a titanium version around that time but no rear suspension model existed. Yours also cannot be that old because the extreme wasnt made as an e stay frame until 1990

The 88 in the serial number does not denote the year

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
Wow. Really nice job.

I love the blue ano and the tire choice.

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 12:22 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Wow. Really nice job.

I love the blue ano and the tire choice.

i was just messing around with it really, i was rebuilding my santa cruz at the time and thought id see how the wheels from that looked on the haro. And They actually looked really good lol

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017334
Mobile Version of Website