D.O.P.E. system

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
D.O.P.E. system
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2013 at 12:51 Quote
Hello,

I'm currently rebuilding my Stinky Primo and was wondering if any of you have removed the D.O.P.E. system from your bike? And if so where to find the parts?? I'm undecided as what to do as parts from Brake Therapy are pricey. I do feel like the system works well, but it makes a lot of noise also when riding the trails. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2013 at 8:19 Quote
i own a 08 stinky deluxe.

I baught a full bearing kit from my kona dealer ( cost like 150) and it came with all the bearings/bushings, and also the drop outs needed to remove the DOPE and not use it.

If you mentioned this like 6 months ago, i was selling the kit and someone jumped onto the drop outs very quickly.

You should be able to order the specific pcs threw your LBS that deals with Kona no Problem.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 16:58 Quote
Thanks for the reply. I got the local bike shop looking into this for me so hopefully they find me the part to eliminate the DOPE system.

Posted: Mar 19, 2013 at 10:17 Quote
If you only need the bearings check the numbers on the side of the old ones and buy new ones with the same numbers from a bearing shop cause there way cheaper. People on eBay also to kits that are pretty cheap.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020739
Mobile Version of Website