New bike for my girlfriend

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
New bike for my girlfriend
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2013 at 21:00 Quote
Made the mistake of taking her to Highland. Now she wants a bike. I could get her a full DH rig but I feel like that's way too much bike for the easier trails at a bike park. On the other hand, 8" of travel and a 64* head tube could save me from ending my day short if she winds up in a hairy situation. I've really been thinking about getting her a slope style bike with a longer fork, say 160mm, but I'm worried the geometry isn't going to be slack enough and she'll end up eating it in the steeper sections. I'm going to look at a Corsair Konig tomorrow, it has those adjustable cups that allow you to slack out the head tube a little, if I throw a 160mm Domain or Lyric up front that should help, plus I think it has adjustable dropouts so I could widen the wheelbase too. But will it be enough?

One of the girls she works with said her boyfriend put her on a slope bike. Anyone else try it? Any girls on here riding a slope bike on more than the slope style course?

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 18:14 Quote
Anyone?

You guys do have girlfriends... right?

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 21:09 Quote
sublimaze wrote:
Anyone?

You guys do have girlfriends... right?

Lol yes some of us do have girlfriends, It's a battle to get my girl to do any DH/FR though.

Anywho, I hate to be the 'kona' guy, but what about the entourage? 170 back to front, slack enough for most of the stuff she'll get into at a bike park, and lighter and easier to move around than a full blown race rig. Not to mention a comfy standover hight. A 170-180mm park/FR frame sounds like just the ticket. Or norco truax? Tr250 etc..

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 22:11 Quote
My gf has a trek.lush. pretty nice considering shes a beginner. Easy for her to handle though and she def wont be hitting any bike parks anytime soon. She rode it into the bushes behind our apt. the other day and I'm starting to think this wasn't such a great idea.

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 6:51 Quote
Kona tanuki for my wife!

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 at 8:46 Quote
My gf rides a slope bike. I put her on a kona bass and threw a 140mm pike on it and she's done just fine at whistler and its even ok for some Xc.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010452
Mobile Version of Website