new video player...

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
new video player...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 8:09 Quote
What's your experience? Ie: what circumstance is it WORKING in, and what circumstance is it NOT working in. This possibly could help someone by having some more concrete feedback. I'm guessing it would be most constructive if you include details like what OS and/or device you're using

It works on my PC (running win8 ) but not quite on my phone (HTC 8x, wp8 ). So sometimes when I click the video on my phone (pulling up the site in mobile mode) it snaps to the black screen that says 'Loading', then the video starts, voila! But other times, instead of popping to the black load screen which means my tasty viewing experience is en route, it just sits there on the mobile page with the image of the video, and the new player UI overlayed on it, and the little bar thingy doing a barbershop spin.

You?

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 8:29 Quote
phatone17 wrote:
What's your experience? Ie: what circumstance is it WORKING in, and what circumstance is it NOT working in. This possibly could help someone by having some more concrete feedback.

It works on my PC (running win8 ) but not quite on my phone (HTC 8x, wp8 ). So sometimes when I click the video on my phone (pulling up the site in mobile mode) it snaps to the black screen that says 'Loading', then the video starts, voila! But other times, instead of popping to the black load screen which means my tasty viewing experience is en route, it just sits there on the mobile page with the image of the video, and the new player UI overlayed on it, and the little bar thingy doing a barbershop spin.

You?

Running some videos on my iPhone 4S and the frame rate is laggy and choppy...

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 8:49 Quote
I just prefer the old one, i just looked right

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 9:05 Quote
not too bad, loads pretty fast and looks a little better. wont work in full screen though which is shit

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 9:14 Quote
pinske wrote:
not too bad, loads pretty fast and looks a little better. wont work in full screen though which is shit

what operating system/etc?

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 9:42 Quote
Not working for me at all

On my laptop running windows 7

FL
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 10:22 Quote
The old one never stuttered while viewing HD but this one does. The old one was fine, why change it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against change. I loved the new profile layout. Change is good, but not when performance takes a step back.

Mod
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 11:04 Quote
If you'd like to help us workout these issues, please go here and try a few different test pages.

https://www.pinkbike.com/direct/video-player-test/

We'd like to see if the problem is something on our end or if the technology just isn't ready yet.

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 11:40 Quote
Full screen feature doesn't work at all.

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 12:47 Quote
Mine loads but will not play at all

Mod
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 12:52 Quote
owenomalley wrote:
Full screen feature doesn't work at all.

Grunderz wrote:
Mine loads but will not play at all

Is this from the test pages I linked to above? Please try on those pages and tell me the results.

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 13:05 Quote
i can't watch any video on this new player which is really pi**ing me off

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 13:09 Quote
I went to the link posted above. The old qay works fine. The new way the video on top plays but no video only sound and the bottom one plays sound and picture but starts off minimized with is not a big deal at all. But even on the video page all videos play with ni picture just sound. This goes for the home page also. I am using a ipad. I dont know if this helps but this is results i got please help. Need to get my fix of steezy videos. Thanks

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 13:21 Quote
doesnt work for me and alot of other people i know

Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 13:26 Quote
so y was there a need to change?wasn't anything wrong with the old one

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011811
Mobile Version of Website