CCDB for 2010 -2012 Enduro - Cane Creek want to know your interest, show it here.

PB Forum :: Specialized
CCDB for 2010 -2012 Enduro - Cane Creek want to know your interest, show it here.
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 12:10 Quote
Was on the Cane Creek Lounge live chat with Specialized development bods Brandon Sloan and Jason Chamberlain and the good people of Crank Creek. I asked this question:

"Will there be a legacy option to fit a CCDB air or coil to the 2010-2012 Enduro? The people demand it! ;-)"

Cane Creek replied:
"Martin, this is something that we are looking into. We are still gauging the interest to do the custom parts required."

So basically we need to show some strong interest if we want this to happen.

Must say the chat was really good with many questions answered inlcuding the very valid reason for no small 29er enduro, no 650b bikes yet etc. Top job Big Grin

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 6:38 Quote
Im interested in this!

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 20:11 Quote
This would be awesome. I can't tell how shirty it is of specialized to use propriety parts on just about all of their bikes. I have been looking to replace my enduro s-works because I'm either stuck with the shitty rp23 or use the evo kit that I was lucky enough to gt my hands on.

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 2:50 Quote
I've thought about fitting one to my 2011 Evo.....

O+
Posted: May 12, 2013 at 15:36 Quote
Definitely interested in either the ccdb coil or air coming to the 10-12 enduros, have an 11 expert evo I'd love one of these shocks

Posted: May 23, 2013 at 6:37 Quote
Sorry if my question is a bit idiot, but what's the issue with the Enduro linkage ? I own a '11 Expert Evo by the way, and I am thinking of a CCDBa or a BOS Kirk

Posted: May 24, 2013 at 8:54 Quote
Newik wrote:
Sorry if my question is a bit idiot, but what's the issue with the Enduro linkage ? I own a '11 Expert Evo by the way, and I am thinking of a CCDBa or a BOS Kirk

Instead of a rotating pivot in the shock eye, specialized uses a clevis that mounts to the shock, this way they can use cartridge bearings at the end of the clevis. The shock bushing wear that other bikes has is adressed this way by specialized. It is a neat feature, but it shouldnt be a need for a proprietary shock.

To use a standard shock you would have to mill out a notch in the shock eye to make it fit the clevis. Your EVO use a 2.5" stroke shock if i remember, and the non-evo use 2.125", so regular enduros need to shorten the stroke on a 2.5"/2.25" shock in addition to milling the shockeye.

O+ FL
Posted: May 24, 2013 at 9:05 Quote
I WANT a new shock for my 2010 enduro and it is basically impossible. If can creek makes one I will buy the DB air right now!

Posted: May 24, 2013 at 9:26 Quote
Turbo-Henrik wrote:
Newik wrote:

Instead of a rotating pivot in the shock eye, specialized uses a clevis that mounts to the shock, this way they can use cartridge bearings at the end of the clevis. The shock bushing wear that other bikes has is adressed this way by specialized. It is a neat feature, but it shouldnt be a need for a proprietary shock.

To use a standard shock you would have to mill out a notch in the shock eye to make it fit the clevis. Your EVO use a 2.5" stroke shock if i remember, and the non-evo use 2.125", so regular enduros need to shorten the stroke on a 2.5"/2.25" shock in addition to milling the shockeye.

Thanks for the explanationstup

Posted: May 24, 2013 at 9:51 Quote
snowtrooperjr wrote:
I WANT a new shock for my 2010 enduro and it is basically impossible. If can creek makes one I will buy the DB air right now!
I ended up getting my hands on the "evo kit" for my 2010 S-Works.

O+ FL
Posted: May 24, 2013 at 11:39 Quote
mlr428 wrote:
snowtrooperjr wrote:
I ended up getting my hands on the "evo kit" for my 2010 S-Works.
I saw a few people do that and when I asked specialized they said you have to go through a dealer. short story, no dealer had em

Posted: May 25, 2013 at 1:58 Quote
Turbo-Henrik wrote:
Newik wrote:

2011 Evo's are 2.125" as well...

REAR SHOCKFox DHX RC2, coil over w/piggy back, rebound and compression and bottom-out force adj., 8.5 x 2.125", S:450, M:500, L:550, XL:600, custom eyelet for Enduro

Posted: May 25, 2013 at 14:57 Quote
Thanks for correcting me, EvoRob. Smile

Posted: Jun 3, 2013 at 11:01 Quote
This needs to happen. I'd love a Cane Creek coil on the rear!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031761
Mobile Version of Website