CCDB for 2010 -2012 Enduro - Cane Creek want to know your interest, show it here.

PB Forum :: Specialized
CCDB for 2010 -2012 Enduro - Cane Creek want to know your interest, show it here.
Posted: Jul 2, 2013 at 22:20 Quote
Hell yes! Want a coil ccdb for my 2012 enduro

Posted: Jul 10, 2013 at 8:50 Quote
Would LOVE one! especially with the new DBAir CS.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2013 at 13:44 Quote
same here. the DBair CS would be the ticket. having spoke to them yesterday, sounds like they weren't going to do anything to retrofit the older enduros, buy now maybe with the CS they will

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 at 7:37 Quote
powderturns wrote:
same here. the DBair CS would be the ticket. having spoke to them yesterday, sounds like they weren't going to do anything to retrofit the older enduros, buy now maybe with the CS they will

I asked them also but I've got a negative answer : " I'm sorry, but at this time we do not offer a shock to fit 2010-2012 Enduros. Thanks for your inquiry"

Maybe I know someone in France who can shorten CCDBa stroke... The other solution is the BOS Kirk, actually BOS fit their shock to the frame (lenght, stroke, and hydrolics) cinematics

Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 18:46 Quote
Think I'm going to have to look into the BOS shocks, as i want to upgrade from my DHX RC2 and it looks like CC aren't going to be doing anything with this...

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 1:42 Quote
EvoRob wrote:
Think I'm going to have to look into the BOS shocks, as i want to upgrade from my DHX RC2 and it looks like CC aren't going to be doing anything with this...

I will check with a great french tuner if he can curb the stroke of a CCDBa CS

Posted: Jul 29, 2013 at 13:32 Quote
Cool, hopefully they can do something, as there aren't any other options that I know of...

Posted: Aug 10, 2013 at 22:40 Quote
I was able to fit up a DBair on my 2010 Enduro with a little bit of mill work... and boy is it an awesome shock! I can't believe how much it has transformed my ride.

2010 Enduro

Posted: Aug 10, 2013 at 23:30 Quote
steelpolish wrote:
I was able to fit up a DBair on my 2010 Enduro with a little bit of mill work... and boy is it an awesome shock! I can't believe how much it has transformed my ride.

2010 Enduro

Nice, have you had to alter the stroke length..?

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2013 at 19:13 Quote
fit it for mine and i'll pay you for the work

Posted: Aug 12, 2013 at 3:52 Quote
snowtrooperjr wrote:
fit it for mine and i'll pay you for the work
Same

Posted: Aug 12, 2013 at 17:03 Quote
I used a 8.5x2.5 Dbair without modifying the stroke length. This changes the rear travel to 7 inches, right before the swing arm hits the seat post. What I did is tuned the Dbair to be progressive and ramp up very heavy at the end of the stroke to keep the bottom outs to a minimum. So far this has worked very well, and I matched the rear travel by installing a 180mm float up front. Now the bike has a full seven inches of travel front and rear, and it operates like a lightweight downhill bike, but you can pedal it up anywhere.

Now, I know this voids the frame warranty, voids the dbair warranty, and probably somehow voids the warranty on the Float 180, but hey it's a 2010 and I don't have warranty on the frame anyways. I am also confidant on my riding skills, and my mechanical prowess, and I do all of my own repairs.

Posted: Aug 12, 2013 at 17:11 Quote
Snowtrooperjr:

I would say, send me some money and ill get it done for you, but to be honest its a pretty simple job. If you take your original shock with the clevis links, and a new Dbair or Dbcoil to your nearest machine shop, they will be able to figure out what kindve slot you need to mill on the new shock. It's a real simple slot that any machine shop can do. You will also need them to bore out the clevis end just a bit to fit the original shock bolt through it.

Also, this wasn't my original idea - I snagged it from here: http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/vikingboys-specialized-enduro-build-thread-682434-4.html

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2013 at 19:42 Quote
gotcha. I think I am gonna go get some quotes for how much it would cost for something like that. Just don't wan the 7 inches of travel. I would rather sell my sworks and get the evo model if I wanted to boost in travel. Decisions....decisions.....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012588
Mobile Version of Website