CCDB for 2010 -2012 Enduro - Cane Creek want to know your interest, show it here.

PB Forum :: Specialized
CCDB for 2010 -2012 Enduro - Cane Creek want to know your interest, show it here.
Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 0:57 Quote
@steelpolish : nice work. Actually I followed a a french guy modifying the clevis in order to obtain 7" of rear travel and put 180mm fork while keeping a balance geometry, but I doesn't keep me posted :/

So I'm looking to your solution. The only one issue, is I have to change de fork... extra cost, plus I'm thinking of building a Status based mini-DH, the Enduro will be to close then.

I'm waiting for an answer on shortening the stroke

By the way, how loog de frame warranty is running ? Mine is a 2011 bought new in june 2012

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 at 16:07 Quote
Newik wrote:
@steelpolish : nice work. Actually I followed a a french guy modifying the clevis in order to obtain 7" of rear travel and put 180mm fork while keeping a balance geometry, but I doesn't keep me posted :/

So I'm looking to your solution. The only one issue, is I have to change de fork... extra cost, plus I'm thinking of building a Status based mini-DH, the Enduro will be to close then.

I'm waiting for an answer on shortening the stroke

By the way, how loog de frame warranty is running ? Mine is a 2011 bought new in june 2012

If you purchased the bike new, I'm pretty sure it's a lifetime warranty on the frame...

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 0:26 Quote
I've get some news from the shock tuner in France. It can bridle CCDBA's stroke without any issue. Cost 40€ + shipment.

The CS will be available in September, I think it will be a perfect Christmas presentBig Grin

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 16:40 Quote
Newik wrote:
I've get some news from the shock tuner in France. It can bridle CCDBA's stroke without any issue. Cost 40€ + shipment.

The CS will be available in September, I think it will be a perfect Christmas presentBig Grin

I'm not going to ve able to get this done until next year, I'm moving back to the UK in Oct... Currently in Canada..

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 12:05 Quote
Yes please, CCDB air with the climb switch would be great Smile

Posted: Sep 17, 2013 at 12:17 Quote
steelpolish wrote:
I was able to fit up a DBair on my 2010 Enduro with a little bit of mill work... and boy is it an awesome shock! I can't believe how much it has transformed my ride.

2010 Enduro

steelpolish - did you use the original links for your project? or did you use evo links? because I believe vikingboy in the mtbr forum used the evo links for his cane creek modification project...

Posted: Sep 17, 2013 at 19:06 Quote
I used the original links - if you read further into Vikingsboy post, you will see that he chose the original links over the EVO links so he could keep his low bottom bracket height unchanged.

Also, if you run a DBcoil, you can easily limit the travel to the original 160mm. My modification with the DBair, and the original links, increases the travel to 180mm. This is due to it being difficult to limit the travel on the DBair. But, that was my desired results, because I am using a 180mm front fork. I'm pretty sure my mods void most of the warranties, so beware!

That being said, I really love my bike now - it has 180mm front and rear, and I am able to tune the suspension for any terrain or track I am riding. It is hands down the best bike I have owned! My last bike was a full on Dh Morewood Makulu, and I was struggling on that due to its weight and its inability to pedal uphill. This Enduro is my only bike, and I can do most any type of riding with it. I even throw on a set of slicks (see my photos) when I want to do road riding - it's pretty fast! (And when I am riding in town, I can always huck any staircase I see :-)

Posted: Oct 8, 2013 at 23:04 Quote
Just picked up a nice 2010. Probably going to stick with this whip for a while so an CCDB option would be fantastic!

Posted: Nov 23, 2013 at 15:14 Quote
Newik wrote:

Hi Newik,

I am kindly asking you to provide me with the email address of this French guy... Many thx in advance... Wink

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 at 11:26 Quote
have anyone done this mod with EVO clives/links ??

Im so up to change from fox dhx rc2 to CCDB coil !

The problem is ,on stock CCDB coil the lower eyelet is more round one , and I have try to contact TFtuning in UK about the eyelet Vikingboy use ..

What is the different from my Enduro expert Evo 2012 and expert Evo 2013 ?? (Links )
2013 enduro model is coming with CCDB coil standard :/ is it peoseble to fit 2013 clievs on 2012 enduro ??

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 at 10:34 Quote
steelpolish how is your shock holding up, since it's not completely inline with the rocker-to-frame ETE (effective ETE then). It could wear out your seals a bit faster.

Posted: Jun 21, 2014 at 14:22 Quote
Hello everybody.

Thank you Steelpolish and others to convince me to adapt the CCDB on my bike.

It tooks me 45 minutes of work and now it's SO GOOOOOD !

After the operation the suspension has more travel, so I put a small bit of a tube to protect the frame, just in case :

Enjoy !

[EDIT]

Here some photos of the operation :

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 11:49 Quote
does anyone know if the clevis for the 2014/15 enduros have the same dimensions as the 2010-12 versions? my thought is that if you can swap out the clevis, the shock availability for the 2013-14 bike is actually quite good - cane creek and rock shox provide options, and loads of guys selling whatever came with the bike for some reason.
I think the 2014 29er yoke might be different than the 26", but I don't know...

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
It's been a long time but is there any updates on upgrading a 2010 enduro shock..... I've tried TF Tuned , Spesh and online but no joy?

Please help my RP23 is average at best

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 8:07 Quote
There doesn't seem to be anything. I solved my problem by getting a local machine shop to machine the eyelet and had a shock tuner limit stroke on a monarch plus debonair. Pretty happy now. Huge improvement. You might also try a vorsprung corset. Make sure you get the enduro specific sleeve (and I mean specialized enduro) - it's slightly different from the stock 8.5x2.5 sleeve.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024089
Mobile Version of Website