Norco Truax 2 vs Specialized Status 1 - Which is the better freeride machine? Help me decide please!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Norco Truax 2 vs Specialized Status 1 - Which is the better freeride machine? Help me decide please!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 15:15 Quote
I am in the market for a freeride bike in the lower budget category and am having a hard time deciding. I am looking at a used 2012 Norco Truax 2 and a used 2012 Specialized Status 1.
Is there another bike that I should be considering that is in the same category.

I want 7"-8" travel and an uninterrupted seat tube preferably. (Otherwise the Kona Entourage would be a consideration as well). I want the uninterrupted seat tube so I can still raise my seat and slog my way back up. Will be hitting the bike park occasionally as well.

Any thoughts or input is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 8, 2013 at 16:01 Quote
I would say truax 100%, My mate has owned 2 norcos they are an awesome company! Plus it will climb way better than the status. And it looks so badass tup

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 at 8:51 Quote
I have a status as well as a 6 inch norco. Having said that I would get the truax over the status if u plan on going uphill at all. Another bike you should look for is a 2012 or 11 kHs lucky 7.

Good luck

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 at 17:31 Quote
I had the status 2 last year i bought it new.. hated that bike. just replaced it with a norco aurum le

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 at 10:39 Quote
Funny your the first person I've heard say that... I love my status, great bang for your buck, got mine for 2200$

Posted: Mar 11, 2013 at 15:57 Quote
Ya i went from a 06 stinky to the status 2 and immediately knew that i wasnt going to like it.. put a boxxer on it and that made it a little better but overall the bike was way to long in the wheelbase and it jumped like shit.

Posted: Mar 14, 2013 at 14:04 Quote
while both bikes run (sort of) the same suspension system, you're really looking at two different machines. the status is slacker by 1ish degrees and has a lower standover height compared to the same frame size truax. the status also tracks 200mm in the back compared to 180mm for the truax. really the truax is more of a freeride than the status is (if the status had a lower bb it'd basically be a demo) so based on your need to pedal you probably want the norco. that said, the status is probably a frame i'd pick to build into a freeride bike.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 8:56 Quote
Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it. I'm going with the Norco Truax. Have read a lot of good things about it and I do like to pedal up so I think it's the right choice. The Status is a sexy looking machine though.

Posted: Mar 19, 2013 at 12:41 Quote
Buyna entourage and rs reveb.. i think it would be a best solution..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011213
Mobile Version of Website