2013 Specialized P3 vs Deity Cryptkeeper

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2013 Specialized P3 vs Deity Cryptkeeper
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
So I'm starting to build a DJ bike and I'm very interested in the Deity Cryptkeeper and the Specialized P3 frames. I understand that the Cryptkeeper frame weighs in at 5 lb 0 oz (2.3 kg) but I cannot find the weight of the P3 frame anywhere. Anyone know how much the P3 weighs? Also opinons on Deity vs. Specialized (Cam Zink vs. Martin Soderstrom) are helpful. Cheers.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
Hey, so I have a Cryptkeeper right now and love it, but my friend has the new P3 and it feels great too. Here are the pros and cons for both:

Cryptkeeper:

My Bike

Pros:
Cheeper ($479)
Almost unbreakable (I've only ever heard of one breaking)
The geometry feels perfect from everything from the pump track to big sets
Deity has great customer service and a great warranty service (the one frame that guy cracked was replaced for free)

Cons:
A little heavier than the P3
Not as stiff because it's steel (could be a pro depending on how you like your frame stiffness)
Has a spanish bb, so it limits your crank options

P3:

my brand spanking new bike. got a 600 discount from anotherbikeshop.com

Pros:
Lighter
Stiffer
Pretty strong

Cons:
More expensive ($550)
Not as good customer service

Conclusion:

They are both really good frames, and ride amazing. The P3 is a little lighter, but I like the geo on the Cryptkeeper better. Since Deity is a smaller company, they are more likely to help you out and and they have a better warranty. Whichever frame you choose, I guarantee you will like it.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 13:58 Quote
I would say cryptkeeper all the way just becaus it's steel, they absorb a lot more of the hit , unless u ride more bmx or 4x tracks and need to get the most out of your sprints , then the stiffer alu frame of the p3 would be better for you!

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 18:18 Quote
Steel is real.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 11:06 Quote
hey! I wonder if you can ride a deity when you're 5 feet tall?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013619
Mobile Version of Website