Rear is kicking off some jumps (bucking) Help

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rear is kicking off some jumps (bucking) Help
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2013 at 15:36 Quote
Hi guys,

I have a bucking problem on a particular jump in the bike park at Bromont. As soon as I leave the jump, the rear gets pushed and it sends me in a scary nose dive. The faster I go, the more I feel I'll do a over the bar.

This feeling stops me from going hard on practicly any jumps afterwards.

here is the bike:

M9 set at 9.5" travel, middle position on dropout, Middle shock position.
CCDB
2010 Fox 40

Other than slowing down the rebound on the rear shock (That would be LSR on the CCDB I think) is there an other way of solving that problem ?

FL
Posted: Mar 20, 2013 at 20:24 Quote
softer spring, slowing your Low speed compression and rebound or your body position on your bike.

If its not related to the rebound on your shock you are likely positioned to far forward on your bike.

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 at 3:32 Quote
try adjusting the front forks rebound, you may have to much rebound and when you take off the drop on your forks will cause it to pull the front end down.

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 at 8:21 Quote
SoKvlt wrote:
softer spring, slowing your Low speed compression and rebound or your body position on your bike.

If its not related to the rebound on your shock you are likely positioned to far forward on your bike.

def more then likely to high of a sring rate or too much rebound.

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 at 17:45 Quote
It may be more towards the side of high speed rebound, if the bike is most of the way through its travel on the face of the jump in quesion this will be the case.

Also depending on the profile of the jump this may not be something that you can tune out. A sharp increase in angle or a square edged bump near the lip of te jump will have a strong tendency to try to send you otb.

Posted: Mar 22, 2013 at 4:27 Quote
Cane Creek has base tunes available, why not take a look at them?

CCDB Base Tunes.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 at 10:36 Quote
Vpp bikes do that, you have to lean back more like bikesandfun said, its not actually bucking like you said the rear end is actually eating the whole lip(what its designed to do)

If it the shock is actually bucking it means you are hitting your bottom out if its adjustable fix that but youre probably just eating the whole lip with the rear and it sends you forward. Its a race bike not a jump bike.

This is why people say they dont jump well, you can do it but you cant do it like other bikes without adjusting rider position a lot. I use to huck my v10 and had to do that

Posted: Mar 22, 2013 at 12:07 Quote
Slow down your rebound if you think that might be it. Working on having more bike control is going to be a lot more helpful than blaming it on your shock set up.

I'm not saying your shock is set up right, I just think concentrating on how you're hitting the lip is probably the first thing to look at.

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 2:45 Quote
Did you set sag correct?

FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 4:33 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
Vpp bikes do that, you have to lean back more like bikesandfun said, its not actually bucking like you said the rear end is actually eating the whole lip(what its designed to do)

If it the shock is actually bucking it means you are hitting your bottom out if its adjustable fix that but youre probably just eating the whole lip with the rear and it sends you forward. Its a race bike not a jump bike.

This is why people say they dont jump well, you can do it but you cant do it like other bikes without adjusting rider position a lot. I use to huck my v10 and had to do that

Bang on advice - my 951 was exactly the same

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 5:22 Quote
fastboyslim wrote:
Did you set sag correct?

Yes. Could be a little too hard though cause I never experienced bottom out with it. I could probably use a softer coil and give it a couple turns more.

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 5:47 Quote
What do you mean by "give it a couple turns more"?

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 7:53 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:

What a load of bull!! Where did you get this idea? If the bike is eating up the lip it will not be bucking the rider. Leaning over the back is also bull, look how much Greg Minnaar rides over his front wheel. And, VPP jump really well but that's technique. If i am not mistaken the OP had a M6 so used to VPP.

Best advice to the OP is double check your sag and use the base settings. Give me you rider weight and i will ping you the settings.

Other than that the best advice from the thread is slow down your rebound.

Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 8:08 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
What do you mean by "give it a couple turns more"?

I was refering to prelod

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014855
Mobile Version of Website