Park Rats

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 16:37 Quote
durza11 wrote:
Anyone have any tips for airing bowls? I got dropping in down, but now I'm having a hard time airing out.

Also I have no idea how to get back out of said bowl, so I just end up throwing my bike and climbing out. Anyone?
I'm not going to even say how to air because I can't but for getting out just ride up and you'll probably end up flying out so don't lean too forward etc.

I usually tend to take my foot off an push out a little when I'm coming out a quarter/bowl. There's a few people in here that are most definitely flyout experts.

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 16:41 Quote
durza11 wrote:
Anyone have any tips for airing bowls? I got dropping in down, but now I'm having a hard time airing out.

Also I have no idea how to get back out of said bowl, so I just end up throwing my bike and climbing out. Anyone?

I can't do airs very high, but once you get 180 in a pipe down, or in this case a bowl. Keep going faster and 180ing higher up each time. Or just go fast enough, and when your front will hits coping (if applicable) hop/pop and spin. The highest I've air'd was around 3 ft. If your starting off, just practice airing high enough that only you back wheel is airing the bowl/pipe. THat way if you come tail heavy, its not enough to gooch you.... And basically just go faster air higher etc

As for airing out Go fast enough and point straight

Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 16:45 Quote
Airing out takes a bit longer, and really it's just going the same speed as you drop in, as you reach the bottom of the quarter pull back and lean the way you want to go and spot your landing. Popping off the coping makes it a lot easier, but it's scary the first few times.

The faster you go, the more you need to pull back, the steeper the quarter, the less you need to pull. Start with a mid sized quarter like 5-6ft that pops you, mellow quarters are way harder to air.

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 8:23 Quote
Just go quite fast at the quarter, lean back, carve a little bit, make sure your back wheel hits the coping. Think of it like a bunny hop kind of, thats how I learned them. Key is not to be scared about leaving it a little later till your back wheel hits the coping. Smaller/mellower the quarter the more you need to pull back, larger and steeper the quarter the less you need to pull back. Try find a 5/6 foot quarter to learn on. Its hard to explain how to do as it pretty much becomes second nature once you learn. Good luck

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 21:54 Quote
Well f*ck me, I bailed on my first try, but way too late. Gonna take a couple days to recover from that one (tailbone to coping).

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 22:12 Quote
bailing is pretty much the worst thing you can do, just lean into the quarter, pull back and commit. go at a speed you are comfortable with too, don't think you have to air high your first go.

if you case nothing bad really happens, you just stop and roll down the quarter, especially if you are only going a few inches over coping. just commit to it.

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 23:08 Quote
It's just terrifying rolling into it for some reason. I don't know.

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 3:13 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
UK park guys.

trying to find a decent outdoor park in lancashire/yorkshire

any ideas?

Scarborough marine drive is not bad. Full of scooter kids though unless you go after 6pm.

@Jamie, that park. Holeeee f*ck. I'm coming to stay at yours soon Wink

Posted: Feb 28, 2015 at 9:16 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
UK park guys.

trying to find a decent outdoor park in lancashire/yorkshire

any ideas?

you moving down that way or something? (sorry for the sort of derailment of the chat)

Posted: Apr 25, 2015 at 15:09 Quote
most park thing ever probably? bar footjam bar today, little stoked Cook
Views: 362    Faves: 2    Comments: 1

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 6:25 Quote
Hi guys this summer i want to build up a park bike to ride all the winter in a local park and i am wondering what is the best headtube angle for riding park? or if you have some frame to suggest me feel free to go!

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 6:32 Quote
Its all personal preference but usually something short and steep. What frame are you riding now?

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 6:39 Quote
At the moment im riding a RMB Flow

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 6:49 Quote
I'd check out streetsweepers, pride street or something like a capital if you don't want mtb spacing

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 9:14 Quote
what do you think about a Octane one Spark?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010955
Mobile Version of Website