Light-Bicycle Carbon 650b Rims

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Light-Bicycle Carbon 650b Rims
Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 2:16 Quote
Blaenavonbutt wrote:
No need to sand down. I had matte finish and it's super smooth. Got a magic mary 2.35 vert star front and I wanna get a 2.35 trail star on the rear but can't get one for love nor money . Think they are coming into the uk early feb so I haven't used the wheels yet, plus reverb and shock are at yt because they were leaking.

Can't upload pics but I can email them if you want?
bikecomponents.de not have any?
https://www.bike-components.de/de/Schwalbe/Magic-Mary-Evolution-Super-Gravity-TrailStar-Faltreifen-Modell-2015-p40051/

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 6:18 Quote
What do we think x fusion sweep or pikes on a nukeproof scout?

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 6:26 Quote
rydelean wrote:
What do we think x fusion sweep or pikes on a nukeproof scout?

I'll be fitting Pikes to my Scout when I have a spare £600

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 1:29 Quote
Tracking says mine were attempted to be delivered when people were in my house Confused Nothing through the letterbox or anything, anyone else get this?

I want them now!

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 5:39 Quote
Normal for parcel force yes

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 7:13 Quote
[Quote="bobj"]Tracking says mine were attempted to be delivered when people were in my house Confused Nothing through the letterbox or anything, anyone else get this?

Get them to re-deliver had this issue before

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 9:49 Quote
All good, they delivered a customs note today and i paid it (£39 for a pair of rims declared at £150, ludicrous! Confused ) and collected them, not just to order spokes and lace them to my shiny new silver pro 2 evos Big Grin

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 10:06 Quote
Hey guys, so I have a pair of 38mm rims on the order, and I'm trying to figure out how to build the wheel properly.

Since they have no eyelets, I'd be tempted to use a little grease on the spoke bed/nipple interface to prevent binding of the nipple, which usually helps even spoke tension significantly. I'm not sure whether using grease would possibly harm the rim? Park tool says their grease shouldn't harm carbon, but I'd rather be cautious.

Has anyone used some grease or nipple washers?

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 10:10 Quote
I've used plain old engine oil on mine to help stop the wind up. I don't think there's any need for the washers. There's good thickness there and if it does pull through they are warrantied for that.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 10:12 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
theminsta wrote:
No problem! Keep in mind that the +/- 2mm rule applies to 99% of bikes, but for the Industry Nine hubs, you can see that there is a lot of thread available.

Having considered this myself, I actually measured how many milimeters of spoke threading was available. On my 26er Torch Gravity set, the front had room for rims with an ERD 6mm smaller and 4mm larger. The rear had room for rims 8mm smaller and 6mm larger.

I got those numbers by simply doubling the length of threading available either towards the rim or away from.

Edit; due to building process, I'd actually stay away from rims that are right at the 4mm or 6mm longer range. 3mm larger rim for front and 4mm larger rim for rear (taking bracing angles into account as well).

Not quite sure what you mean?
Well according to lb the erd of the 38 w 32 deep dh rim is 535? That sound right?
Can you or anyone with them 38mm rims in hand confirm the ERD is about right?

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 13:09 Quote
I've got some here but what's the ERD? Haha apologies for my dumbness

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 15:33 Quote
Blaenavonbutt wrote:
I've got some here but what's the ERD? Haha apologies for my dumbness
It's the diameter at the nipple heads, if you know what I mean.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bikeschool.com/spokecalc/erd.gif

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 11:22 Quote
Whats everyone's oppinion on these carbon wheels vs flow ex? Im trying to decide whether to buy a set of 35mm with hope hubs or to just replace my x9 hubs with hope and stick with the flows

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 12:05 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
Whats everyone's oppinion on these carbon wheels vs flow ex? Im trying to decide whether to buy a set of 35mm with hope hubs or to just replace my x9 hubs with hope and stick with the flows

I had flows before my LBs. The flows are solid alloy rims, but they do not even compare in terms of stiffness, tracking, grip, and overall feel.

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 12:29 Quote
Yep it's freeky how good these rims are. Not alot of difference on paper but bloody hell they are noticeably better.
At first I thought if I break them then i'l just replace them flows now I'm thinking get some more

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010693
Mobile Version of Website