Basic Full Suspension Types / Reference With Pictures

PB Forum :: Beginners
Basic Full Suspension Types / Reference With Pictures
| Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2018 at 12:33 Quote
chickenrunz wrote:
i have access to Trek Remedy (latest version) and Santa Cruz Bronson (latest version) -

which suspension is better in terms of freedom of movement under braking and small bump sensitivity?

The trek will have better freedom of suspension movement under braking. As a general rule, short link dual pivots (VPP, DW link, ect) have higher anti-rise values than horst link and concentric axel pivot bikes.

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 12:35 Quote
Is there a high pivot horst link with idler pulley bike on the market in the trail/AM category? Something like the new GT proto DH bike but smaller and in production?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/gt-fury-prototype-wyn-masters-2018-downhill-bike-first-look.html

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 15:38 Quote
Hey everyone,
I've been riding hardtails for 5 years. I currently ride a 29er with 1x11 drivetrain and I do pretty well. I've been able to navigate the difficult trails near me, but as I'm moving into more challenging riding I am realizing the benefit of a full suspension bike.
Trouble is finding a bike that will adequately support me at 6'6" and 230# before any gear. At this point I'm considering building one with components that will do the job, but I'm looking for suggestions on which frame might be the best fit. I'm open to 27.5 or 29er.
Thanks for any feedback!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007165
Mobile Version of Website