The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 0:47 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Most likely both air chambers aren't equalized properly.

Go down to 100psi, and cycle the fork slowly on the first 30% of travel (at about 15% you should hear a hiss, when both chamber communicate), for about 10-15 times. Then pump it up to 150 and repeat. And again at 175 (or whatever you prefered pressure is). That should feel a lot better.

I have drained all the air both times, and cycled the travel at 25 psi increments but there seems to be no "hissing" I even pumped it all the way to 200 and tried but there seems to be no communication between air chambers. Feels so hard it is almost locked out at 200 very hard to move off the top. The fork sags to about 50mm left when I take all the air out.. but it is brand new? seems the negative chamber is stuck at a certain pressure?

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 1:02 Quote
Weird ...

That it drops to 50mm isn't surprising, but it looks like it's not equalizing properly ... Is there any BOS shop in Canada ? I know someone who could have a look at it, but he's on the other side, in Montreal.

I guess you should ask BOS directly ( info@bosmtb.com should still be working, despite the website being offline)

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 1:37 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Weird ...

That it drops to 50mm isn't surprising, but it looks like it's not equalizing properly ... Is there any BOS shop in Canada ? I know someone who could have a look at it, but he's on the other side, in Montreal.

I guess you should ask BOS directly ( info@bosmtb.com should still be working, despite the website being offline)

I send them mails here and there to ask this and that and they reply quite fast.
I cannot complain about their service, with me all have been good!

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 22:52 Quote
migkab wrote:
Ploutre wrote:
Weird ...

I send them mails here and there to ask this and that and they reply quite fast.
I cannot complain about their service, with me all have been good!

Ended up being some pressure built up the the left leg, released it with a zip tie in the seal that released all the pressure. Fork feels so mint now will ride tomorrow! Thanks for the help guys!

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 11:22 Quote
Hi, anyone got a manual for a Void 2 Rare shock? Can't find one anywhere online and Bos website down.. they haven't gone bankrupt have they????

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
Sure you tried their google pdf manual?

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
Morning,
I got a little problem before heading out to Morzine next week.
I found my BOS FCV 37 to loose a litte oil out of the right tube air purge screw.
The fork is new. But as I purged the air the second time, is there supposed to be a seal under there?
The left tube screw has got a seal.

Or is this a normal behavior?

Can someone check if there is supposed to be a seal?
Cheers

Qubebiker

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 9:35 Quote
qubebiker wrote:
Morning,
I got a little problem before heading out to Morzine next week.
I found my BOS FCV 37 to loose a litte oil out of the right tube air purge screw.
The fork is new. But as I purged the air the second time, is there supposed to be a seal under there?
The left tube screw has got a seal.

Or is this a normal behavior?

Can someone check if there is supposed to be a seal?
Cheers

Qubebiker

Both should usually have an o-ring

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 1:42 Quote
idylle FCV 2016. When riding fork is compressed by my weight, when I lift the front wheel to clear an obstacle they extend with a clunk. Serviced last year, done about 10 hrs max since. Not been in use since last summer. Any ideas? I'm on holiday in les 2 Alpes and no where I can get them look d at locally. Can I ride them? Any advice be appreciated.
I've have removed the air and done the equalising of the chambers.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020088
Mobile Version of Website