The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 10:54 Quote
I believe ploutre member would know more about this.

Yeah bos fail to respond to emails that I do know.

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 23:42 Quote
Hahaha

Well in France, it seems pretty good, they answer emails pretty quickly (better send another one if you haven't heard from them within a week), we have at least 1 or 2 places other than BOS for servicing. But out of France? I don't know, that will depend on how close the local BOS dealer/service center is with BOS ...

Check with them first, it's not in their interest to tell you they are the best mates and have all the spares/parts available, to in the end have you fork/shock on hold for 2 months because they don't stock any parts ...

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
I am considering a new fork and have heard that BOS has good feel but horrible customer service. Is this still true as this was a while ago.

I feel like buying BOS is risking serious annoyance for the hope of better performance. Maybe their service got better, maybe not. Maybe you`ll be fine, maybe you`ll be royally f*cked. Maybe it`ll perform better than another fork, maybe not.

My local shop isn`t servicing the Idylle FCV anymore because they have too many issues (and the customer then blames them).
I really cannot recommend BOS anymore, having a fork and customer service you can rely on is more important than negligible performance gains.

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 8:12 Quote
I need 37mm fork seals - they are always out of stock! Anyone know if you can use FOX 36mm seals?

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 19:45 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
I am considering a new fork and have heard that BOS has good feel but horrible customer service. Is this still true as this was a while ago.
You would maybe be able to get help from QBP as they are supposed to be the US BOS distributor and service provider but there is no chance of getting directly ahold of BOS, That is fricking impossible.They care nothing of there reputation in the US.I think I am the only person who owns a BOS fork in a hundred mile radius.

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 5:20 Quote
For good reason too as here in the UK trying to get a simple query answered by Bos themselves is well- none existant. It’s almost as if they want to fail customers old or new

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
Maybe someone will have pity on me and just send me some Fox suspension...

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 13:34 Quote
Hi guys,
if you have problems with Bos forks and shocks, no problem !! We are DSC in Italy, we are distributors and Bos authorized service center for 6 years.
We have all the spare parts needed and no problem to run the service even outside of Italy, since many service centers in other countries are not able to execute 100% reviews and solve the problems of these wonderful items. Our mail: info@downhill-suspension-center.com , Fb https://www.facebook.com/stefano.biamonti1
Hi everyone .

Stephen

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 3:35 Quote
is it possible to increase the travel of a deville fcv(not the latest version) from 160 to 170mm? if not, the air, or the damper side is the limitation? i have a 170mill 3way deville, so i could swap the airshaft. atleast i guess so.

Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 3:03 Quote
I think so, you can do the test by exchanging the air stem and look on the hydraulic side if you still have a bit of a stroke when you reach the positive limit .

moferenc wrote:
is it possible to increase the travel of a deville fcv(not the latest version) from 160 to 170mm? if not, the air, or the damper side is the limitation? i have a 170mill 3way deville, so i could swap the airshaft. atleast i guess so.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
Hi anybody tried a Bos Deville 35.
Any experience with sag set up and air spacers?

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 4:17 Quote
Hi guys,
I wan't to change my 380 c2r2 with BOS Idylle, can someone tell me exactly witch Idylle is with the longer travel, i think it was 208mm. Also is it good fork, are they making any problems? I heard something about that they can be easy to twist/bend.

Thanks!

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
Hi guys ,
Someone have tryed to fit 34 bushings fox in deville 34 ????

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 22:46 Quote
Silvialoni83silvialoni wrote:
Hi guys ,
Someone have tryed to fit 34 bushings fox in deville 34 ????
Should working well.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
I've got a BOS Idylle Air Rare FCV fork with a couple issues.

1. It seems to top out with a clunk, makes for a very rattly sounding ride. Searching the forum it seems like it could be to do with the negative air chamber. Is there any way to adjust the pressure in this? Or ha anyone had this issue and solved it another way.

2. It seems to lock out, specifically when the bars are turned and you bounce. I know forks aren't designed to work like that, but it was never the case with my fox 40s. Makes them feel sticky, you can notice it a bit when the bars are straight.

Any ideas? They aren't bent or twisted from what I can tell. Allegedly they were new when I bought them but I'm starting to doubt that, espectially after finding a dent under the bump stop. Annoying I crashed the bike before noticing it so can't tell for sure if it was the previous owner or myself..

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012175
Mobile Version of Website