The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
https://s3.amazonaws.com/craft-marinbikes/documents/recalls/user_manual_bos_devilleam_2014_eng.pdf

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 2:13 Quote
robert1002 wrote:
Hi
Anybody have any experience with bos warranty service in France?
I’ve some issue with Bos Deville 35.
I did send it to France is over 2 weeks since Bos received it and still is not sorted yetFrown .

Can you specify what issues do you have? I'm just thinking about buying Deville 35 FCV., but can't really find any normal review Blank Stare

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
robert1002 wrote:
slaker wrote:
robert1002 wrote:
Hi
I did send it to France is over 2 weeks since Bos received it and still is not sorted yetFrown .
I find it amazing you were even able to make contact with BOS. I emailed them several times and never received a reply, I figured maybe they only read french language.
Hi
They answered on My emails and they were advising Me what to do but is take to long to fix it.
My fork back from Bos is take 13 working days but some tech was out of workshop.
They send it back 24 houers from France to My home in Uk Well is not that bad.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
Flinty wrote:
robert1002 wrote:
Hi

Can you specify what issues do you have? I'm just thinking about buying Deville 35 FCV., but can't really find any normal review Blank Stare
Hi
I’ve some noise from the for when is going to full open position.
But I love my Bos 35.I used rock shox and fox but I prefer Bos is a best traction so far and very predictable.
My Bos fail after 10 months.But I know somebody Ho is running over 2 years without any problems.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
Can anyo e give some comparison and opinion nased on theier riding experience betweem debille 35 and

Lyrik rc2
Lyrik ulzimate
Fox grip 2
Or.one PUSHed or AVIed fork?

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
Can anyo e give some comparison and opinion nased on theier riding experience betweem debille 35 and

Lyrik rc2
Lyrik ulzimate
Fox grip 2
Or.one PUSHed or AVIed fork?
Hi is not easy compared this 3 forks.
I can only compare Lyrik 2019 and Bos 35.
Both are very nice and good but Bos 35 better for Me.
Bos working very well on small and big hits very good traction on fast and slow section and is working on the top of travel keeping Me high on bike and save rest of travel for big hits on small and medium nedative spacer! The bigest spacer is make a fork to hard for Me and My styles of ride.HSC and LSC and rebounce is around 28-30 Click is make the fork fully tune for any riders

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
Thanks.

And are there some syors Riders here?
Really interested in that shock but would like to know how it compares to other high end stuff?

And does it have hydraulic bottom out or top out or both?

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
Hi, i would like to do service on bos stoy, does anyone one what oil wt is in it ? And how much pressure in piggyback ? Thanks

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 3:13 Quote
Does anyone have the service manuals for the deville or kirk? I've got the basic manuals which describe oil change etc but wondering if there's a proper workshop manual?

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
Trisnpod wrote:
Does anyone have the service manuals for the deville or kirk? I've got the basic manuals which describe oil change etc but wondering if there's a proper workshop manual?
Hi
Ask this lobo81 he worked at the bikeshop and service a BOS

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
I've got a BOS Kirk, which came stock on my Marin Attack Trail. It's about time for a service, but there are no official service centres in Canada (or US?).
I could order a parts kit from BOS France ($110, shipping inc) and then send the shock to S4 in Quebec who said they would work on it (waiting on quote from them). Or perhaps I could also send the shock direct to BOS in France for service?

OR

Would I be better off riding the Kirk into the ground and buying a new shock from a more conventional brand when it goes? Dealing with BOS France and distance shops every couple years seems like a hassle.
I haven't owned anything else and while the Kirk is working for me, I've enjoy assorted RockShox and Fox shocks while trying out friends' bikes. I ride trail/AM for fun. Would I really miss the Kirk?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 23:02 Quote
Send it to bos Zealand.... I know, far away, but the service has a turnaround time of 1-2 days and as the nz d is weak, service is cheap. And they are a pleasure to deal with.
If you like the shock try it for 1 time this way and perhaps it works out well so that it will be a future option

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
rustyjux wrote:
I've got a BOS Kirk, which came stock on my Marin Attack Trail. It's about time for a service, but there are no official service centres in Canada (or US?).
I could order a parts kit from BOS France ($110, shipping inc) and then send the shock to S4 in Quebec who said they would work on it (waiting on quote from them). Or perhaps I could also send the shock direct to BOS in France for service?

OR

Would I be better off riding the Kirk into the ground and buying a new shock from a more conventional brand when it goes? Dealing with BOS France and distance shops every couple years seems like a hassle.
I haven't owned anything else and while the Kirk is working for me, I've enjoy assorted RockShox and Fox shocks while trying out friends' bikes. I ride trail/AM for fun. Would I really miss the Kirk?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 7:43 Quote
Pretty sure Suspensionwerx in N Van works on Bos.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014068
Mobile Version of Website