The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 3:33 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:

Bos has a great Webstore now with all parts available. You could always just measure and find what seals you need for the the airspring, they use o rings, super cheap and easy to get almost any size from anywhere, nobody uses proprietary or rings, it will all be a standard size of some sort.

The thing is that due to bad service i managed to brake some threads and bolts on the airspring assembly. It's not repairable with normal service parts (..orings/bushings etc). Thats why i'm thinking in retrofiting a normal metal spring or finding new airspring assembly. I wrote to BOS service but they didnt help at all.

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Stafref wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:

Bos has a great Webstore now with all parts available. You could always just measure and find what seals you need for the the airspring, they use o rings, super cheap and easy to get almost any size from anywhere, nobody uses proprietary or rings, it will all be a standard size of some sort.

The thing is that due to bad service i managed to brake some threads and bolts on the airspring assembly. It's not repairable with normal service parts (..orings/bushings etc). Thats why i'm thinking in retrofiting a normal metal spring or finding new airspring assembly. I wrote to BOS service but they didnt help at all.
you should throw some baguette's or several macarons at their direction. it usualy helps. like they give you a generic reply within 3-5weeks. a bucnh of effin wankers tbh.

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 5:12 Quote
Stafref wrote:

They have complete air shaft assemblies for sale, not just seals

Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
Ploutre wrote:

They have complete air shaft assemblies for sale, not just seals

Cant find for that model.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 12:31 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Probably not, as the Deville has 34mm stanchions and the Idylle SC is in 36mm.

Have you checked on their website ?
https://www.bos-suspension.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=2162032

It seems they have air pistons for Deville 34 and Deville 34 FCV (different parts) and they probably could ship to Bulgaria.

Novyparts.com in France and

https://www.dz-suspension.de/

Can probably help you write them both and perhaps they Can offer you a solution

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 0:06 Quote
Hello

can somebody tell me what size bushings do i need for my bos stoy to be put on Commencal Supreme V4

Thank you

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
I need to source an outer tube for an Idylle FCV air spring. I'm not too keen on buying a whole new spring for 300 euros when only the outer tube is damaged. Anyone got any good leads for where I might find one?

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
have a pair of bos idylle rare fcv I put 205psi in them which is the maximum air you can put in them and they feel really soft still I have equalised the chamber and I only weight 12 stone they feel like there bottoming out

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 15:48 Quote
colselby wrote:
have a pair of bos idylle rare fcv I put 205psi in them which is the maximum air you can put in them and they feel really soft still I have equalised the chamber and I only weight 12 stone they feel like there bottoming out

Is there enough fluid in the damper side? They need loads, like 300ml or something (thats not an exact number by the way, just a very rough guess

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 23:48 Quote
Is the air leaking in the lowers ? (can check it out by putting a zip tie behind the main wiper seals and there could be a small pshiit, but no more than that)

Otherwise yea, check oil levels and eventually see to service it yourself (or have someone service it)

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
Hi BOS experts, I've recently got a YT Tues with BOS suspension front and rear, it feels amazing and I seem to be lucky and escaped the terrible tolerances (yes I've read the thread) the only issue is I'm trying to find a service kit, JTech do a seal kit for £75 (?!)
But where can I get crush washers for the lowers out of interest, I can't seem to find any anywhere!
Likewise the oil for the damper side seems to be evading me. Can I just use Fox 5wt oil as I have loads of that anyway?
Also if anyone knows of a cheaper place to get seals in the UK please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
wreaman wrote:
Hi BOS experts, I've recently got a YT Tues with BOS suspension front and rear, it feels amazing and I seem to be lucky and escaped the terrible tolerances (yes I've read the thread) the only issue is I'm trying to find a service kit, JTech do a seal kit for £75 (?!)
But where can I get crush washers for the lowers out of interest, I can't seem to find any anywhere!
Likewise the oil for the damper side seems to be evading me. Can I just use Fox 5wt oil as I have loads of that anyway?
Also if anyone knows of a cheaper place to get seals in the UK please let me know.

Thanks in advance

You kinda have to use the bos seals, they aren't cheap, they have different outer diameter than other seals so only bos seals fit. Ive found the bos main seals are very good and last a long time, usually just need to be cleaned and they dont leak anymore as the built up goo allows oil to come out. The foot nuts don't use crush washers, they use o rings, and generally you won't have to replace those for a very long time. You can get away with the fox 5wt, motorex oil is easier to get than bos oil and would be ideal as it's about as slippery as fork oil gets. I have used 2.5 motorex in the idylle and it's worked great. Might want something a bit thicker in the spring side, either 7.5 fork oil or a dedicated lower leg lube oil.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 1:31 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
wreaman wrote:

Thanks in advance

You kinda have to use the bos seals, they aren't cheap, they have different outer diameter than other seals so only bos seals fit. Ive found the bos main seals are very good and last a long time, usually just need to be cleaned and they dont leak anymore as the built up goo allows oil to come out. The foot nuts don't use crush washers, they use o rings, and generally you won't have to replace those for a very long time. You can get away with the fox 5wt, motorex oil is easier to get than bos oil and would be ideal as it's about as slippery as fork oil gets. I have used 2.5 motorex in the idylle and it's worked great. Might want something a bit thicker in the spring side, either 7.5 fork oil or a dedicated lower leg lube oil.

Thanks very much for the response, i'll give the seals a good clean and see whether that fixes it. It looks like its either coming out of the seals or the lowers, but i'll have to investigate!

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 6:49 Quote
wreaman wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:
wreaman wrote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks very much for the response, i'll give the seals a good clean and see whether that fixes it. It looks like its either coming out of the seals or the lowers, but i'll have to investigate!

BOS fluid appears to be roughly equivalent to most peoples 7wt FYI . And yes BOS stuff is mad expensive. I know Plush Suspension service BOS. It might be worth giving them a call and see if they have seal kits for your specific items. They may not be inclined to sell them however, as getting parts out of BOS can be extremely difficult.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
Getting parts from BOS is super simple nowadays. They have pretty much everything on their website, and a friend recently bought a few parts for a Stoy, and it was all shipped the next day.

Doesn't change their prices, as wiper seals are pretty much the same price on their website as on JTech, but it's available.

As for the Bi Oil they use (previously AMX3), it's between 7 and 10 in grade (depending on brands)

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007615
Mobile Version of Website