Would my 2005 Specialized P.2 be ANY good for trails

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Would my 2005 Specialized P.2 be ANY good for trails
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
if you want to ride FR and DH, then a p series will not be good at all, try to sell bike, or buy new frame and fork..p series bikes have low BB for 4x style riding...still a pike will work, it is good for all around riding, just the frame would not suit DH

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
P2urban wrote:
poozank wrote:
stick to the streets it would be a rough ride and heavy because the bike is intentioally overbuilt

but the problem is, my mom works in a doctors office, and I have had to many concussions to be allowed to ride street, or DJ again. So I am looking to the hills. (sorry, bad analogy)

If concussions are a problem from riding street, riding trails wont help :-) Theres just as many ways to hurt yourself on dirt as concrete, sound like you need to stop thinking about forks, and invest in better helmets :-)

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
bigfoot66 wrote:
if you want to ride FR and DH, then a p series will not be good at all, try to sell bike, or buy new frame and fork..p series bikes have low BB for 4x style riding...still a pike will work, it is good for all around riding, just the frame would not suit DH

Like I said at the beggining of the forum, I am not allowed to sell, or buy a new bike, my dad WILL NOT let me... no matter how much I ask. Unless I get a job, but I need to wait for some places to check my resumes.... whats a cheap FR hardtail, or cheap fully?

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
P2urban wrote:
poozank wrote:
stick to the streets it would be a rough ride and heavy because the bike is intentioally overbuilt

but the problem is, my mom works in a doctors office, and I have had to many concussions to be allowed to ride street, or DJ again. So I am looking to the hills. (sorry, bad analogy)

If concussions are a problem from riding street, riding trails wont help :-) Theres just as many ways to hurt yourself on dirt as concrete, sound like you need to stop thinking about forks, and invest in better helmets :-)

Haha, I just cant have any stress, and doing tricks isnt that good for me... I have a good helmet.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
P2urban wrote:
bigfoot66 wrote:

Like I said at the beggining of the forum, I am not allowed to sell, or buy a new bike, my dad WILL NOT let me... no matter how much I ask. Unless I get a job, but I need to wait for some places to check my resumes.... whats a cheap FR hardtail, or cheap fully?

frames look into banshee morphine, evil imperial,transition ToP, sinister DNA or Ridge, any norco HT..all good HT, fullies look into bighits, six series, ellsworth, transition, fairly cheaper fully frames, but if you CAN, sell the p bike, they SUCK on DH...why cant you sell or buy a new bike, but you want to buy a new fork or frame.???can cost just as much

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
lol dude if cuncussions are your problem you gotta either get a good helmet and learn to ride and NOT fall (harder than it sounds) or quit biking

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
bigfoot66 wrote:
P2urban wrote:
bigfoot66 wrote:

frames look into banshee morphine, evil imperial,transition ToP, sinister DNA or Ridge, any norco HT..all good HT, fullies look into bighits, six series, ellsworth, transition, fairly cheaper fully frames, but if you CAN, sell the p bike, they SUCK on DH...why cant you sell or buy a new bike, but you want to buy a new fork or frame.???can cost just as much

My dad says my bike can do anything... he is thinkin of the "oldin" days

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
hendu wrote:
lol dude if cuncussions are your problem you gotta either get a good helmet and learn to ride and NOT fall (harder than it sounds) or quit biking

QUIT BIKING, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING!!!

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
P2urban wrote:
hendu wrote:

lol nothing id try but maby fer some people its a good idea

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
hendu wrote:
P2urban wrote:
hendu wrote:

lol nothing id try but maby fer some people its a good idea

not me, its the only sport left the hospital will let me do!

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
lol why its like a really dangerous sport

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
hendu wrote:
lol why its like a really dangerous sport

1.) can we get back on topic please.
2.) its less dangorous then football, and hockey

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
the topic was kinda answered.p bikes are shitty for trails, they only good for park DJ and 4x....and 2 years of biking has left me with more scars than 3 years hockey,2 years footbal, and 1 year rugby...but skateboarding is the worst.....left me with new bruises daily..if you could though, i would get a banshee morphine and a marzo 55, that would be sick for trails, but if you want to keep the specialized, go for a pike, perfect geo on p series bikes............

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
bigfoot66 wrote:
the topic was kinda answered.p bikes are shitty for trails, they only good for park DJ and 4x....and 2 years of biking has left me with more scars than 3 years hockey,2 years footbal, and 1 year rugby...but skateboarding is the worst.....left me with new bruises daily..if you could though, i would get a banshee morphine and a marzo 55, that would be sick for trails, but if you want to keep the specialized, go for a pike, perfect geo on p series bikes............

or should I stick with my 2003 marzo DJ 2... with 130 mm of travel?

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
At your rate of being banned from sports, it may be more cost effective to stay with what you have :-) It won't be long before you cant ride trails either :-)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018614
Mobile Version of Website