Dirtjump frames with long toptubes?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirtjump frames with long toptubes?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 at 11:28 Quote
Hopefully you guys can help out a bit.

I'm looking for a steel dirtjump frame, preferably geared with vertical dropouts, and a relatively long toptube - I'm thinking 23" plus. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers X

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 18:29 Quote
Rusty77 wrote:

I'm looking for a steel dirtjump frame, preferably geared with vertical dropouts, and a relatively long toptube - I'm thinking 23" plus. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers X
Generally tt lengths stop at 22.5". What would be worth considering would be a frame with a steeper seat tube angle, this effectively makes the tt longer. I know evil bikes make a frame of similar description to what you want

Posted: Apr 12, 2013 at 15:12 Quote
caravanking wrote:
Rusty77 wrote:

Cheers X
Generally tt lengths stop at 22.5". What would be worth considering would be a frame with a steeper seat tube angle, this effectively makes the tt longer. I know evil bikes make a frame of similar description to what you want

Do you mean that a steeper seat tube angle for a given top tube length will project more toptube in front of the bb? I hadn't thought of that. I guess centre to centre top tube/effective top tube measurements are kind of redundant on this type of bike 'cause you're stood up the whole time. I need bb to headtube measurements...lol

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017316
Mobile Version of Website